ғᴏʀᴛʏ ᴏɴᴇ

𒊹︎︎︎ Truths & Betrayals

"You are not even her uncle"

A loud gasp escaped her mouth as she backed away in disbelief. "Theo's not my uncle? Then who is he?" she thought.

She could hear loud footsteps from the other side of the door, but she didn't run away. She was way too shocked for that.

The door opened and a wide eyed Theo welcomed her "I-Inez" he stuttered.

"You lied to me" she breathed out with tears brimming her eyes. She had mixed feelings, she didn't know if she should feel relieved or betrayed.

"YOU FUCKING LIED TO ME!" she shouted, finally losing it as Theo inhaled sharply.

"Listen to m-"

"Who are you then?" she asked slightly shaking with rage.

"Whoever he is, he is surely not your uncle" a voice interrupted. Inez looked behind Theo to see William walking towards them while fixing his glasses.

"YOU!" Inez shouted as she stomped towards him and grabbed his collar "You told me he was my uncle!" she yelled at his face in pure rage.

She heard low gasps behind her as she looked back to see Henry and Liz staring at her with wide eyes beside Theo, who just stood there with clenched jaw.

Her face paled in betrayal.

She let go of William's collar as she looked at the 3 culprits. "You all lied to me" she breathed out as she gave out a low chuckle of disbelief "I trusted you guys".

"Inez—" Theo started.

"He even lied after your parents death. He arranged fake documents that proved that he was still a part of the Benedict family" William interrupted as Inez's eyes widened and she looked at Theo with incredulity.

Theo glared at the man behind her as he fisted his hands in rage "I did that so she wouldn't get eaten up by those money sucking leeches!" he yelled loudly as the whole room fell silent.

"Who says that you are not one of them?" William retorted back as Inez looked back at William, a little angry for blaming Theo of such a petty thing.

"He wouldn't do anything like that" Inez said confidently as Theo's eyes fell back on her and softened.

"Inez" he said in a soft, low voice but Inez looked away. Sure she didn't doubt him but she was still angry about him lying to her.

"You fell right in his trap! He set up the most influential lawyer and prepared solid fake documents to take you under his wings. It was hard to find proofs against him but I always felt that something was off, that's why I didn't  give up on looking for clues—" William breathed in as he continued.

"—He manipulated you and made you trust him the most. In a few months he would have snatched your parent's hardwork from right under your nose!" he completed as Inez took a step away from him.

Everything he said sure made a little sense. It was true that she trusted him the most, it was true that he lied being her uncle and it was also true that she was slowly falling in love with him. Was she really manipulated by him.

Was it really all fake?

"THAT'S BULLSHIT!" Theo shouted while walking towards William and pushing him back against the wall. The nerves on his forehead and neck popped out in rage "THIS IS ALL BULLSHIT!"

"YOU ARE A FUCKING ASSHOLE! I WOULD NEVER DO THAT!" he growled.

"Young master please calm down" Henry said worriedly as he glanced at the scared and heartbroken Inez cowering down while crying silently.

"Did you even know my father?" She asked while trembling.

Theo's vexation plummeted as he looked at the scared figure behind him. He pushed William harshly towards the couch, so that he tripped and fell on the ground and groaned in pain.

Theo crouched down in front of her  and cupped her tear stained face while forcing her to look up at him "He was my step-brother for a few years but due to some circumstances I had to give up on Benedict family. I wanted to keep you safe and happy Inez, that's why I lied".

"Trust me, out of all people I know the pain of being alone and be burdened with a huge responsibility. I would never try to snatch your company" their lips just centimeters apart.

Inez's heart fluttered as her lips quivered. She stared at his deep blue eyes and lost herself again, she wanted to believe him. She knew he would never do anything to harm her.

Right?

"A lie again!" William interjected "Benedict family disowned him!".

Theo's cunning eyes snapped back at him "And how do you know that?" he reprimanded.

William took out his cellphone and swiped through "The official documents Mr Cunningham" he said mockingly as he showed a series of pages, which consisted the original documents and media forums, in his phone.

Inez pushed Theo's hands away as she stood up and walked towards William. She snatched his phone from him and glared at the screen.

"Late business mogul Jonathan Cunningham's son, Theodore Cunningham, disowned by Sir Wilfred Benedict. Apparently, Wilfred and Jonathan used to be frie—"

Inez couldn't read further as Theo snatched the phone away from her and started reading.

Theo cursed loudly, he had made sure to make this documents disappear long time ago, many even forgot that he was ever a part of Benedict to begin with. A really strong source was behind it, because without it, digging the documents would have been impossible.

"Inez come back to me, we will go back to New York and you can live with me" William said as Inez stood there stunned, not knowing what to do. At one side, William stood who had all the proofs and whom she knew for many years.

And on the other side, Theo stood. The person she had grown to like and trust the most. The person who gave her the world, the person who protected her, the person who loved her.

"Inez I can expl—"

"Fraudery and fake documents? We'll see you in court Mr Cunningham!" William cut off as Inez's head snapped towards him. The thought of Theo getting hurt was enough to scare her, even though he lied to her it doesn't mean that she had stopped caring for him.

"N-No we won't do anything William—" Inez said to William, who gave her a confused look. Theo's gaze fell on her as his lips curled up in a small smile and he sighed in relief.

"Inez" he breathed out.

Inez looked up at him with sharp eyes, her eyes shining in an unknown emotion as Theo sucked in his breath. He could sense the hurt and betrayal.

"—Just take me back."

please vote and comment guys

please vote and comment guys. I work really hard :(