ғᴏʀᴛʏ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ

𒊹︎︎︎ Cabin and Tattoos

"We have to stay a few more days in London because I have to prepare some documents"

William said while giving Inez a glance who sat beside him, on the passenger seat, looking out of the window in a dazed expression.

"Mhm" she replied, simply.

"I have rented a small cabin. Hope that's ok with you?" he questioned.

"Sure" she replied, still not giving him a glance.

"I have already ordered food at our temporary residence. You hungry?" he asked.

"Yeah, thank you" she replied

"Inez" William sighed "I know it's hard for you but I want you to know that you did the right thing"

She didn't reply to that, she just kept looking outside as multiple trees passed their way. Thoughts of Theo clouded her head, she had never heard him sound so vulnerable. And she left him, right there all alone.

She clutched her phone as her eyes burned. She controlled her tears as she sniffled lowly, trying hard not to break down.

She saw a footbridge in front of her with a deep river flowing freely under it. The whole area was quiet except for some people walking here and there or talking to each other.

"Where are we?" she asked as she looked at William for the first time.

"It's a little far from where you used to live. The cabins are easily available here, so I rented it for a few days" he replied instantly while running his hand through his hair.

The same thing Theo used to do while driving. His image flashed in front of her eyes as she remembered his eyes full of love and care looking at her with a small smile on his face. She couldn't help but miss him and it had only been an hour since she was away from him.

"Inez?" the grave voice brought her back to reality as she looked at William to see him fixing his glasses and giving her a worried look.

"Hm?"

"I said would you like me to get you enrolled in an university in New York?" he asked.

She looked down at his question. She wasn't just leaving Theo, she was leaving a part of her life that she had come to love. Her friends, Liz, Henry, she was going to miss all of them.

"Yeah, I guess" she whispered as the car slightly juddered through the muddy path.

She felt a warm hand on top of her own as she looked down and saw William holding her. The same way Theo would keep his hands on top of her's whenever she was troubled, the warmness of his hands never failed to calm her down.

But with William's hand on her, it didn't feel the same.

"It's going to be ok" he mumbled in a low comforting voice as he noticed the troubled young girl beside her.