ғᴏʀᴛʏ sɪx

︎𒊹︎︎︎ Too late?

︎𒊹︎︎︎ Too late?

warning: violence

Her struggles stopped as she looked at him with wide eyes. He smirked at her reaction as he looked back at the bottle in his hands.

He poured.

That's when Inez snapped. Before the liquid could touch her, she pulled the wood from behind her and banged it against his hand.

The bottle knocked away from his hand as it fell on the floor at a distance. A loud thud was heard followed by a low hissing voice as the liquid splayed on the floor and vapours started forming around it.

Inez's eyes widened "W-What was that? Acid?" she questioned dreadfully.

William shrugged as his hand went behind him and he swiftly pulled out a revolver. He pressed the cold barrel against her forehead as she sucked in her breath.

His other hand went to her hand which was holding the wood and squeezed her wrist painfully.

Inez wailed in pain "How d-do you have a-a gun! I just chec-"

"Oh dumb little girl, do you think I went inside to grab medicine for you!" he laughed evilly "But what more can I expect from Timothee's daughter? Benedicts are as foolish as they come!"

Inez's lips trembled at his hurtful words as she tried to free her hand "My father accepted you and gave you a job when no one else did! How can you be so selfish!"

She still remembered her father always talking about William. Her father had told her that he had hired a young and inexperienced lawyer for his company even though everyone else objected to it.

Her father said that he saw a "spark" in him that no one else did. William proved himself in front of everyone and made Timothee proud of him. He was also friendly and kind to everyone, no one could have guessed that he could ever stoop so low.

"H-He said he saw a spark in you" she continued as her voice trembled with uncontrollable tears.

William laughed "Well, tell your dad in heaven that the spark turned into an inferno and got him killed"

She tried to take a step back because his hands around her wrist had loosened a bit as if he was distracted "What did you do to them?" she questioned as she tried to gain control of her hand and tightened her hold around the wood.

"Timothee Benedict" he sighed "poor bastard he was, trusted me with his life. But since you are going to die today anyway, I'll tell you everything"

Inez gulped.

"You see, there is a gang called Eagles" he started "we seek world domination, to put all these corrupt politicians and businessmen behind the bars. We are the eagles and they are the snakes" he said pointing towards his tattoo proudly.