ғɪғᴛʏ ғɪᴠᴇ

𒊹︎︎︎ Hidden Letters

𒊹︎︎︎ Hidden Letters.

Inez came out of the car and stared at the house she had spent her childhood in. Nothing had changed since she moved out of here almost an year ago.

Theo took out their small backpack with their clothing and grabbed her hand. They walked towards the front door of her previous abode as her throat tightened up in reminiscent memories.

Today, Theo and she had come back to New York after a long flight. They had some work at the main branch of Benedict Corporation and had to make arrangements to make the office in London the main one.

They had decided to stay at her previous home until their stay and Inez couldn't be happier.

The door opened as the cold air inside the darkened house hit her like nostalgia. Theo looked down at her to make sure she was ok while turning on the lights.

"I had my workers come and clean the house every month" Theo said as he saw Inez looking around sceptically at the clean surroundings.

"Oh" she replied simply while walking inside and tracing the patterns on the cream wall.

Theo sighed as he closed the door behind him and followed her "You hungry?" he questioned to which she just nodded.

He understood that she needed some time alone right now. He kissed her forehead softly and walked into the kitchen, he had already asked his men to supply some basic necessities.

Inez walked into her parents' room and everything still looked the same. The same blue sheets neatly folded and the white pillows on the head of the bed.

Tears filled her eyes as her eyes fell on the photo frame. Her grandparents, her parents and she herself were smiling happily in it.

But everything felt like a facade now. She now knew her grandfather's real face and hated him with all her might.

She ran her hands through the wooden closet and opened it slowly. It was the first time she had entered their room after their death.

She never had the courage to accept that they were no longer alive. She couldn't accept that she was left alone in this world before.

But now she knew she wasn't alone. She had Theo, her greatest strength and the love of her life.

She let out a choked chuckle as her gaze fell on her Dad's shirts. All blue and nearly identical shirts lined up his wardrobe. He said, choosing shirts was a waste of time so he always bought the same color.

She next saw her Mom's dresses were creased and hung low from the hanger. Just like her, she never tried to keep her clothes properly. Inez shook her head as she slid her Dad's clothes towards the side to keep her Mom's clothes properly.

When suddenly two pieces of paper fluttered down and fell on the cold marble floor. She frowned as she bent down to pick up the two envelopes and gasped when she read the name written on them.