waking you for cuddles

"Y/n," Hwasa called out as she stepped inside. She was dragging her feet as she walked, so drained of energy she hardly had the strength to slip out of her shoes.

She knew it was late since the sun had set long before she arrived, but only when she caught a glimpse of the time from the clock on the wall did she see that it was after midnight, nearing one in the morning.

She knew it was a little unreasonable for her to hope for, but she hoped that tonight would be one of the rare occasions that you crashed on the couch waiting for her. She was exhausted, the only thing making her climb those stairs being the fact that you were up in bed.

With how late it was and knowing you work awfully hard yourself, she knew you'd be sleeping. She didn't mind though. She was so tired that her only plans were to brush her teeth and change into her pajamas before crashing into bed.

She reached the bedroom and stood still in the doorway for a moment to allow her to admire you. She can't help but find it cute how you always curl up in her hoodie. It warms her heart to see, especially when she's had such a long day and is in need of the smile the sight always brings to her face.

She walked to you and knelt on the floor. She planted a lingering kiss on your temple and ran her fingers along your back. Although her touch made you stir, you didn't wake up.

She grabbed her pajamas and headed into the bathroom. She closed the door before turning the light on, so it wouldn't wake you. She kept the stream of water from the faucet slow and quiet as she brushed her teeth and rinsed out her mouth.

She quickly turned off the light and came to bed. Crawling under the covers, she found relief in the warmth they provided. She thought, with how warm and tired she was, she'd be out like a light as soon as her head hit the pillow.

But every time her eyes closed, they were opening again. She found herself yearning to have you in her arms, with your head on her chest. The only problem was that you were asleep on your side with your back facing her, making it a little harder than she wished it was.

She was exhausted and worried that if she woke you, you wouldn't be able to fall back asleep. But, at the same time, she didn't think she'd be able to fall asleep without you wrapped in her embrace. It's been a long day, she needed that.

"Y/n?" She whispered as she reached to lay her hand on your back. "Baby? Are you awake?"

"No." You whined and she went silent and still.

She pulled her hand back, feeling silly for even waking you knowing you had to be in a deep, peaceful slumber.

"Hwasa?" You spoke, rubbing your eyes. "I was kidding." You mumbled. "Did you just get home?"

"Yeah. It's late, baby. Go back to sleep." She said, hugging the blankets tighter to her chest.

"No, you woke me for something. Tell me what it is."

She let out a sigh before pushing the covers away and wordlessly patting the space beside her.

"Cuddle me?"

You just cracked a sleepy smile and rolled into her arms.

"Happily." You said, laying your head on her chest.

She pulled the blankets over the both of you before leaning down to lay little kisses across your head. "I love you lots. I missed you today."

"Missed you too." You whispered in response as you brushed your lips and traced your fingers over her collarbone. You tangled your legs with hers, causing her small smile to grow a little wider.

"Thanks for cuddling me."

"Always happy to give you cuddles, my love." You mumbled, eyes closing again. "Are you going to sleep now?"

"Yeah." She replied. "Goodnight, y/n. Have sweet dreams and sleep tight."

"You too," you mumbled slowly as you quickly drifted off to sleep, much cozier and warmer than before.