she falls asleep on you

After a long day, Hwasa was happy to be home. She walked through the door and found you on the sofa, stretched out and staring ahead at the tv as a drama played.

You turned your head at the sound of the door opening and closing and she saw your eyes light up when you saw her face, and a flutter appeared in her heart at the sweet sight.

"Hey! How was your day?" You asked and opened your arms for her to crawl into when she finished kicking off her shoes and shrugging off her jacket.

"Pretty good." She said before moving to sit on your lap and hug you tight.

Her arms looped around your neck, her cheek resting comfortably on your shoulder. She closed her eyes and caught her breath for the first time all day as she relaxed in your embrace.

She pulled away a moment later and sat down beside you. Staring at her, you saw the tiredness in her eyes. She was putting on a brave face, as usual. But you saw through it and you wanted to care for her the way she always does for you after you have a rough or long day.

"Anything you need, baby? Are you hungry? Or do you need a hot bath to help you relax?"

She just shook her head before laying it down on your lap.

"No. All I need is you."

You started to play with her hair while staring down at her. Her eyes closed and you watched her lashes flutter against her cheeks.

You caressed her cheek and she managed to open her heavy eyes once more so she could gaze up at you.

"I love you."

"Love you too," she replied and took your hand from her cheek so she could hold it in her own.

You hummed along to her favorite song and held her hand, while your other hand brushed through her hair to help her relax as she fell asleep.

You stared back at the tv, as quiet, as can be so your girlfriend, could drift off into a peaceful slumber without any disturbances.

It was a few minutes later when you heard the soft snores falling from her lips that you gazed back down at her.

She was out like a light, her lips parted and her head tilted back as she slept soundly.

But her hand was still wrapped in yours and you didn't dare let go of it, finding it sweet that she wanted to hold it even as she slept.

"Sweet dreams, baby," you said and peppered her forehead with kisses before turning your focus back to the movie, this time with a big smile on your face as your heart melted over your girlfriend sleeping on you.