you wake her up for cuddles

You awoke from your peaceful slumber as a rush of cool air ran along your arms. Your eyes opened wide and you blinked a few times to try to adjust to the pitch-black bedroom.

You knew something was off right away. Usually, you don't get cold in the middle of the night. Not when Hwasa is there with you. Because usually, with her there to hold you and your warm fluffy blanket covering you, you rarely ever get cold.

But the more awake you became, you quickly realized that her arms weren't wrapped around you like they were when you both fell asleep only two hours ago. You tried to move into her arms, desperate to be held by her to make you feel both secure and warm once more.

But she wasn't in her usual spot. You couldn't even feel her warmth anywhere around you. A little worried, you sat up straight and started to feel around for her. Only when you scooted closer to her side of the bed and felt around near the edge of it did your hand land on her back.

Her shirt had ridden up as she tossed and turned, exposing the skin of her back. You brushed your fingertips against her spine, soft and slow, making her skin tingle just a tiny bit with every touch of your hand. She stirred, eyes opening but quickly regretting it when she was met with total darkness.

"Hwasa? Are you awake?"

It was quiet for a second before she stretched her legs out with a hum and started to mumble tiredly.

"How could I not be when you're brushing your cold fingers along my skin?"

You pulled them away, causing her to chuckle sleepily and turn over to face you.

"It's okay. What time is it and why did you wake me?"

"A little after three am." You mumbled after finally glancing over at the clock; something you'd been trying not to do since you first opened your eyes. "I got cold. I woke up and you weren't holding onto me and I got cold."

"Oh," she whispered softly before rolling onto her back and opening her arms. "C'mon, my love. Let me hold you."

You didn't have to be told twice. You cracked a smile as you moved into her arms and a soft sigh escaped your lips when she wrapped them around you to hold you tight. You felt secure and warm.

"How do you feel now? Better?" She whispered softly in your ear as she slid her fingers beneath your shirt and started to trail her fingers along your spine. Her fingers, unlike yours, were warm, only adding to the comfort you feel.

"Safe and sound."

She smiled, leaning down to brush her lips against your head. She breathed in the berry smell of your shampoo, feeling herself relax, too.

"I love you. I hope you sleep well and have sweet dreams."

You laid your cheek on her shoulder and started to drift off to sleep.

"Love you too, Hwasa. Goodnight."

"Goodnight, my love." She said, kissing your head once more before letting her head fall back against the pillow so she could fall back asleep; this time feeling even more comfortable than before, now that you were safe in her arms.