you wear her hoodie

It was just a moment or two after you first closed your eyes that they flew open again.

You've spent the last thirty minutes tossing and turning. Between the pouring rain and the loud claps of thunder and the wind that caused the branches on the trees to occasionally hit the window in Hwasa's room, you found it hard to fall asleep.

You've been planning to stay with her for the last few days, and it seemed that you chose the perfect night since there was an unexpected storm that hit just an hour or so ago.

Hwasa was pretty exhausted and she fell asleep almost immediately after her head hit the pillow.

But you were wide awake. You've tried to get to sleep, but you just can't seem to. Every time you're close a clap of thunder will crash or you'll feel too restless.

"Hwasa?" You whispered softly as you rolled over to face her. You hoped she'd awake by your movement or the sound of your voice, but she was out like a light.

You let out a sigh and rubbed your hands along your arms as a chill came over you. Feeling frustrated from feeling cold and restless, you pushed away the blanket and tiptoed to her closet.

You didn't wanna disturb Hwasa by turning the light on so you felt around for something instead.

It didn't take long for you to come into contact with one of her hoodies. You recognized the fluffy fabric right away. She tends to wear it a lot since it's one of her favorites and she's even lent it to you on a few occasions.

You quickly pulled it over your head and relished in the warmth and comfort that it provided.

But you were suddenly even warmer when you felt a pair of arms wrap around you. You jumped at the sudden contact which made your girlfriend chuckle against the back of your neck before her lips touched your warm and soft skin.

"I was wondering where you went off to." She mumbled as she closed her eyes and let her fingertips brush along your hips. "You stole my hoodie."

You turned around and dropped your forehead to her shoulder. "I couldn't sleep. The storm was keeping me awake and I felt cold and I needed a little security."

"So you stole my hoodie... that's cute." She said as a warmth spread through her heart. "But if you needed warmth and security you could've woken me. Don't hesitate next time, alright?"

As she caressed your cheek her words started to sink in...

Next time.

You liked the idea of staying with her more often.

"Okay." You whispered as you leaned into her touch. In her arms and her cozy hoodie, you found yourself so comfortable that your eyes were beginning to droop and you were starting to fall asleep.

"Come on, sleepyhead. Let's get to bed." She whispered and put her hand on the small of your back to guide you back to bed.

You crawled into her arms and put your head on her chest. There, you could hear the steady beat of her heart. It only made you feel even more relaxed than before.

"Sleepy now?" She asked as she brushed her fingertips along your back over her hoodie.

"Yeah. Thank you."

"Anytime. Get some sleep. Have sweet dreams." She whispered as she let her heavy eyes close and she began to fall asleep too, now that she knew you were cozy enough to do the same.