CHAPTER 28 - The First Day

"WE PRESENT TO YOU THE KING AND THE QUEEN OF GREAT BRITAIN!" As present mic presented the special guest's cheers and whistles could be heard from the crowd, while the shocked prince could only stand up in surprise.

The students who didn't know Izuku's real identity, all second-years except for the hero course students, just gave him weird stares. 

The green-haired teen could see his parents wave from the special VIP seats with multiple guards surrounding them. Mom and dad...? 

"Those are your parents?" Todoroki who sat beside him asked. "Did you know they would be coming to watch?" Izuku simply shook his head to respond. 

"At least we know that they're safe," Ochako said from his other side with relief audible in her voice.

"What are mother and father doing here?" Amelia herself looked outside the window in surprise. Even she hadn't been notified about this sudden surprise. Wasn't her parents attacked two nights ago?

"You didn't know princess?" Present Mic asked as quietly as he could. His quirk didn't allow him to be as quiet as he had hoped though. "Well, we've kept the crowd waiting for long enough. For real this time: LET THE SPORTS FESTIVAL BEGIN!"

All second-year students were asked to enter the arena. Some of them shook of nervousness while others were completely calm. Yet, Izuku didn't know how to act. The presence of his parents made him even more nervous. They couldn't come last year and he was a bit sad at the time, but now he thinks that maybe it would've been better if they did not show up at all.

"If it's going to make you feel better, my father watched me last year and he's watching now too," Todoroki said in an attempt to ease the mind of his green-haired friend. Izuku could only smile back.

"IT'S TIME TO PRESENT THE FIRST CHALLENGE OF THE DAY!" Present Mic shouted from the broadcasting room, catching everyone's attention. "The princess here will be revealing the challenge!"

"The first challenge of this year's sports festival is an obstacle course!"

"Whaaaaaattt? The same as last year? Is this supposed to be a joke?" Sero raised an eyebrow as he looked toward the broadcast room.

"I KNOW! It sounds like it's the same challenges as last year, but my tip to the students is to not underestimate the newly updated obstacle course!" The blonde teacher surely didn't say that with no meaning behind it, right?

As the students were getting ready to run through the apparently new obstacle course, very interesting things were happening up in the VIP seats.

"Aren't you excited dear? It's our first time watching Izuku at his sports festival! I watched his last festival on TV, but being here in person feels much better." Inko explained to her blonde husband. 

"I'm regretting the fact that I didn't watch him last year." the proud king admitted. He felt as if he had failed as a father, seeing as though he wasn't there for Izuku most of his life.

"Don't worry! I recorded it! We can watch it later with both Amelia and Izuku." The green-haired mother said as she laid her head on the king's wide shoulder. "Sure it was hard raising him on my own, especially since he developed a quirk so late, and I regret not having you by my side. But all that matters is that we're together now."

"You're right, my love," Hisashi responded, intertwining his fingers with his wife's.

"Excuse me for interrupting you, Your Majesties, but there are important people who wish to have an audience with you." one of the men in black tuxedos said. The king simply nodded.