CHAPTER 16 - Her Family

"Hi mom." Ochako greeted her mother through the phone call.

"Hi sweetie. I'm glad you called. How are you?" An older woman's voice was heard.

"I'm good mom. But I actually called to ask you something." The girl nervously told her mother. She was currently in her dorm room with her boyfriend who was nervously sitting on her bed.

The couple was pretty nervous, mostly because Ochako was going to ask if she could bring Izuku to her parents house. It was a very spontaneous decision, seeing as though Izuku needed to convince Ochako's parents about bringing her to England before their finals. Next week, the studying would be done almost everyday since the finals would be coming soon, which means they would barely have any time to meet Ochako's parents.

Ochako had told Izuku how overprotective her dad was and that he was very stubborn. Convincing him to let Ochako travel to England with Izuku was going to be hard and it was definitely going to take some time.

"What is it?"

"I was wondering if I could bring someone home tomorrow." Ochako finally said. But you could immediately tell that she regretted it. Not because she couldn't back away anymore, but because she wasn't able to tell the truth right away.

"Yes, of course sweetie. Is it one of your classmates?" Her mother asked. Izuku could hear everything because Ochako was talking with her speaker on. If Izuku were to be honest, he had never seen Ochako this nervous, besides the time during the sports fest before her fight with Kacchan. But isn't that, like, way scarier?

He could see her take a deep breath and proceed to speak. "Actually mom... I've been dating someone for a while now and I want to bring him home to meet you guys." She exhaled in relief.

"Oh my God! You have a boyfriend?! I can't wait to meet him!" Her mother squealed making the couple almost go deaf. Yes, Izuku also almost went deaf, even if he was much farther away from the phone than Ochako.

"Um, yeah. He's actually with me right now."

"OH MY GOD! DEAR!" they heard her mother yell.

"Mom? What happened?"

"Your dad fainted honey. It seems that it won't be easy to convince him to let you have a boyfriend, but I'll talk to him, so don't worry. Bring your boyfriend home tomorrow and we'll all talk. Bye hun, see ya tomorrow!" She said and hung up before Ochako even had the chance to say bye.

The brunette sighed and took a seat beside Izuku. He put his arm around her shoulders and slowly rubbed her forearm. Then he started talking. "Don't worry Ochako. I'm sure everything is going to turn out well."

* * *

"Where are you two going?" Their pink-haired classmate asked the couple just as they were going to head out.

It was the next day and Izuku and Ochako were going to the house of the brunette's parents. But the pair could obviously not tell that to their very curious classmate.

"You two have been disappearing a lot lately, ribbit." Their frog-quirked friend stated. Sweat started running down both their spines. What could they possibly tell their friends?

"I'll explain everything later girls. Me and Izuku have to go now or else we'll be late for... well for... for stuff! Bye!" Ochako said as she pushed Izuku out the door and closed it behind them.

The two girls who were left behind turned to each other and smirked knowingly. Izuku, huh? We definitely need to interrogate her about that later.