CHAPTER 4 - Permission

Two days later, Izuku went to visit his mom after school, with permission this time.

"So, that's it," Izuku explained everything to his mother.

"But Izuku, I can't leave work. You should go by yourself, you deserve a vacation." Inko said to her son who explained his desire to travel to his home country.

"Oh come on, mom! Amelia wants to see you too!" Izuku exclaimed trying to convince his mother.

"No, Izuku. It's better if I stay here. Besides, I'm not sure if I'm ready to face your father yet." She said the last part in a lower voice.

"Alright then, I won't persist. Please sign these papers. But you will come next time! Even if I have to drag you there myself!"

"We'll see Izuku, we'll see." Inko signed the papers required to take a temporary leave from school and handed them to Izuku.

After a while, it was time for Izuku to leave. "I should go back and start packing some stuff."

Inko looked lovingly at her son. Oh, how fast he had grown up.

"I'll see you in a week or so, mom," Izuku said hugging his mother.

"Yeah. Be careful, alright. I'm gonna tell Amelia to pick you up at the airport. And please stay out of trouble, I don't want to die of heart attack anytime soon!"

"Yeah. But if I see a villain, I will take them into custody! I don't have a provisional license for nothing!" Izuku said putting up a fist in the air.

"I know you will. Just try to not get hurt."

About thirty minutes later, Izuku was in front of UA. He had barely made it back before curfew. And he knew that Aizawa was going to come to the dorms soon to check on them.

As he got in through the front doors of his class' dorm building, he saw Aizawa at the doorstep. He had probably just arrived.

"Oh, problem child. Glad you made it back before curfew." Aizawa said looking back at Izuku.

"Ah, yes." Izuku took out the paper his mother had signed, from the pocket of his jacket, and handed it to Aizawa.

"When are you leaving?" he asked not looking up from the paper.

"I'm leaving tomorrow morning, sir," Izuku answered.

"Alright, stay out of trouble. You seem to be a big trouble-magnet." Aizawa said, putting the paper in his pocket.

Why does everyone keep calling me a trouble-magnet?! "Yes, sir. I'll hopefully come back in a week."

Aizawa nodded. "Get to packing, you won't have time to do so later."

"Yes, sir," Izuku said, now hurrying to the elevator.

The next morning

"...toothbrush, check."

Izuku was checking that he had packed everything he would need in the coming week. Then, suddenly, he felt a vibration in his pocket.

Amelia: 'Hey. Are you on your way to the airport yet?'

Izuku: 'Yeah, I'll be there shortly.'

Who am I freaking kidding?! I'm not even out of school yet!

Izuku: 'The flight is about 13 hours long so I should be there in 15-16 hours or so.'

Amelia: 'Alright. Message me when you have landed. I'll come to pick you up.'