CHAPTER 22 - Haircut

"Do I really have to...?" a green-haired boy complained to his mother and sister. The mother and sister were currently trying to convince the boy to get a haircut. His girlfriend, not knowing who's side to take, was left in the middle of a dilemma.

Why does he need to get a haircut? Well, you see, tomorrow Izuku is going to make his first public appearance as the prince, which was a huge deal for the royal family.

"Come on, Izuku. It's been a while since you got your hair cut. Don't you think it's time to have another?" the queen argued.

"But mom, I like my hair right now." Izuku might seem like a pushover from time to time, but when he really didn't want something he could get really stubborn. He didn't understand what the problem with his current hairstyle is.

"Oh come on Izuku! I've never seen anyone with as unruly hair as yours! You need a haircut ASAP!" His sister said making him feel his hair. It's not that bad, right?

"Don't you agree Ochako? Don't you think it'd be nice to see Izuku in a different hairstyle?" Inko asked his girlfriend. The only opinion that was valid in Izuku's eyes was surely Ochako's in this case. Probably because the only person Izuku wanted to look good in front of was Ochako.

"Um, well. I think that this suits Izuku..." she started, making Izuku's face light up. But...it wasn't long before she started talking again to Izuku's dismay. "...but it would be nice to see Izuku in something new."

With a bit more pushing and arguing from the mother and sister, Izuku finally gave in with the longest sigh ever. "All right then, it's settled! I'll call for the royal hairdresser! He'll know what to do with Izuku's unruly hair!" Hisashi exclaimed from his usual seat on the armchair.

"Gee, thanks a bunch dad." Izuku sarcastically and tiredly said.

Ochako put her hand on one of his shoulders to show him that she supports him no matter what he does. She was trying to make her actions speak for her since she would be too embarrassed to say something like that in front of his family. She surely hoped that he got her message.

* * *

"Do I really have to do this?" Izuku sighed out. The greenette and Hisashi, his father, were on their way to meet the royal hairdresser. He had come to the castle personally to give Izuku his haircut. The boy was certainly very nervous.

As for the hairdresser, he waited for the prince in excitement with a confident look. The reason for his confidence was probably the fact that he had worked on the king's hair before and seeing how fine and easy his hair was to work with, he thought it would be similar with the prince. The poor man was in for a big surprise.

The blonde king was smiling triumphantly. "Don't worry Izuku, he is the best hairdresser in the whole kingdom! I'm sure he will do a great job on your hair."

That's not the problem tho...

It took some time for the father and son duo to get to the salon since it was on a completely different part of the castle. Since the public and unauthorized people were not allowed to enter the largest part of the castle, where the royal family was residing, they needed to go all the way to the front part where the hairdresser was waiting for them and it took them a good fifteen minutes.

When they finally reached the medium-sized salon, where the man was waiting for them, Izuku got introduced to the hairdresser named Lucas. The green-haired prince was quickly seated in front of the mirror as the hairdresser examined his hair and gulped hard.

The king took a seat on a stool beside Izuku. He wasn't getting a haircut himself since he had already done that not too long ago but decided to stay to keep his son company.