CHAPTER 21 - The Red Book

"I wonder where I put it?" Ochako mumbled to herself as she searched through her belongings. They had reached the castle a bit over an hour ago and the brunette had gotten a quick tour of the enormous place.

The couple had gone into their rooms to freshen up before dinner and fortunately Ochako's room was close to Izuku's and Amelia's, so she knew exactly where to go after her shower.

"Here it is!" she exclaimed as she took out a small bag out of her suitcase. It contained all of her favourite vanilla scented products.

Her shower wasn't long, but it was definitely refreshing after the long flight. Ochako wasn't really the type of girl to take a long time to get ready. So everything took her about half an hour.

There was still half an hour left until dinner and the girl didn't know what to do. "Maybe I can go and see what Ms. Amelia is doing."

The girl quietly went out of the room she was given and started going down the hall, where she knew the siblings resided.

But as she continued down the hall she saw that it was a dead end. The only thing there was a gigantic door, which she had not been shown during the quick tour the royal siblings gave.

The curious girl that she is, slowly approached the entrance and opened the door giving in to her curiousity. She made sure that nobody saw her and slowly stepped inside. Wait...! Why am I being so secretive and acting suspicious?!

Well, she was entering a room that she probably shouldn't be in. Maybe that's why she felt that she should be hiding.

Inside, she saw rows of bookshelves. She felt like the place was endless. It reminded her of Barbie's closet in the Dream House. How nostalgic. She really loved (Barbie: Life in the Dream House) when she was younger.

Ochako realized that there were years written on the book covers. They were all organized in a chronological order, the older books further away and the recent years closer to the entrance.

What caught her attention was a red book. Or the only red book to be exact. Hesitatingly, the girl approached the bookshelf containing that book. "1975?" she mumbled to herself.

The brown-haired girl opened up the red book and started reading quietly. Her eyes widened at the sight of the first words. "The assassination of the royal family".

"You shouldn't be here." she heard from behind her, making her flinch. She saw the blonde king, who didn't seem particularity mad, but she was still a bit scared.

"I - uhh..." Ochako was trying to come up with an excuse but she couldn't and she only got a few stutters out of her. Her boyfriend's father slowly approached her and took the book from her, putting it back in its place on the shelf.

"I'm sorry.." Ochako looked down. "I was just a bit curious and couldn't help myself. It won't happen again Sir."

Hisashi patted the girls hair which made her look up again. "You haven't done anything wrong Ochako. But next time, feel free to ask me if there's something you're wondering about."

Ochako's face lit up. "Then can I ask you about that book? The red one? What did the assassination of the royal family mean?" Ochako covered up her mouth after the last question, knowing it was probably a sensitive subject.

Hisashi who saw the actions of the girl started speaking. "It's okay. As I said, you're free to ask whatever you want. As for your question, year 1975 the entire royal family was murdered. I was the sole survivor so I became the crown prince and ascended to the throne."

"If you don't mind me asking... How did you survive?"

"I was playing hide and seek with my late cousin, who was the crown prince. I hid for hours and when I came out of hiding everyone was dead. The police found me later when they were searching through the castle."

Hisashi suddenly realized the sudden expression on the girl's face. Her frown made her emotions very clear. "You don't need to be so worried, the criminals were caught almost immediately and also the castle is much safer than it was 45 years ago, so there is a very slim chance of something like that happening again."

"I'm worried about Izuku. He is already constantly in trouble and danger. And now that people know that he is a prince, he might be even in more danger."

"As a father I am also constantly worried about my son who is all alone in a different country. But I trust Izuku and I trust his choices. If
living in japan is what he wants, he'll get to do that. Besides, now that I know that you are by his side, I feel much more reassured."

Ochako smiled at the freckled king. Now I know who Izuku got that mysterious charm from.

"Let's go to dinner now. We don't want the others to wait too long, do we?" The girl nodded and the two proceeded to casually talk as they were going to the dining hall.

This chapter is a bit shorter than the previous ones, but that's because I didn't want to push it and wander out of the plot. Sorry for making yall wait this long.

Much love <3,
Anime Koibito.