Revelation

~~~~ Lana's POV ~~~~

~~~~ A week later ~~~~

Dan and Phil had been taking amazing care of me, catering to my every need and talking to me when I felt alone and at my worst. In this time, my feelings for Phil had grown dramatically to the point where I hated it when we were apart and seeing him made butterflies, more like dragons flutter in my stomach.

Awh, you can feel this way all you want but he'll never love you back.

Thoughts crowded my head as I stared into my cereal. I had been eating more too, thanks to Carrie forcing me to.

Dan strolled into the kitchen and put on the kettle, whistling a soft tune.

"Good morning honeybunch, how are you?" He asked me sweetly.

"Feeling a bit better thanks, you?" I replied half heartedly pushing the soggy lumps around in the sugary milk.

"I'm good, and hey, don't feel down. It's okay we love you." He said, looking me in the eye.

No he doesn't, people just say it out of pity

I pushed my chair back and ran to my bedroom, preparing myself to cut again. I'd missed the sensation of the blade running across my skin, it was addictive.

I burst open the door to find Phil in my bed, sobbing quietly into my pillow.

Because he's forced to care for you

"Ph- Phil?" I said steadily, stepping over to my bed.

He looked up slowly, reaching out his arm to pull me under the duvet with him.

"Why did you come in here?" He said between sobs, looking up at my tear stained face.

"To be honest with you, I was going to cut again." I said matter - of - factly, making his head sink back into the pillow.

"P-please don't. I - I beg you - I - can't see you like this it br- breaks me." He said, the words muffled by his tears.

I stared at him in the eyes, searching for any clues.

"I do it because nobody cares, you just say you do. There's no reason to cry over me, i'm worthless." I said sighing, avoiding his icy blue gaze.

"I care. I care so much about you and you don't even know it. I - I think I love you Lana." He said softly, staring me in the eyes. 

Before I got any chance to speak, he pressed his soft lips against mine. 

My whole life felt complete. The hole that was previously there was beginning to fill due to the love I was receiving.

He pulled back slowly, glancing to my lips once again before I spoke.

"I- I" I started

Don't say it, he's joking. This is a dream.

"I think I love you too." I finally said

A/N Sorry short chapter, i've been really stressed out lately.

ty for so many reads!

VOTE/COMMENT

*The beginning, obviously not the end*