A new friend

~~~~ Lana's POV ~~~~
* WARNING * SICKNESS

Phil and I enjoyed the last day of our holiday just wandering around the old city, looking in old, traditional shops and picking up some trinkets to decorate each of our apartments with. We bought Dan and Carrie some Austrian chocolate, and Phil was intrigued by a tiny paperweight shaped like a man wearing traditional Austrian clothing sitting on an ostrich, and in classic Phil style, he bought it. Unfortunately it quickly became the end of our holiday, and after visiting our padlock one last time, we headed to the airport. It was situated between two great mountains and was tiny, which made me particularly nervous as so was not a strong flyer, but the scenery was beautiful.

"This duty free is tiny, but look what I found!!" Phil said excitedly as he approached the bench I was sitting on, I was sipping a hot chocolate and the steam warmed my cheeks. He handed me a giant Toblerone which he informed me "Only cost the equivalent of £4"  and he looked very pleased with himself, his teeth on full show as he grinned down at me.

"Babe how are we even going to eat this." I said, shaking my head and laughing at how adorable he was.

We finally boarded the plane after our 2 hour delay in which I slept on phil's shoulder whilst he played on his phone, and honestly I felt so sad to be leaving Austria as it was such a beautiful place. The flight home was meant to be an hour and 45 mins, and I could handle that. I had felt particularly sick with nerves for this flight, but I shrugged it off and climbed on board.

An hour in, I felt an urge to run. My stomach churned and my throat heaved, so I quickly flapped around to undo my seatbelt and make a run for the toilet. I shimmied past the person next to me, a very unimpressed woman in her later 40s, and dashed to the toilet, nearly knocking over an air hostess on my way. The contents of my stomach spilled out, and tears flooded out of my eyes as my throat burned. I had never been sick on a flight before, and I didn't feel ill at all apart from some headaches so my mind spun with both nausea and concern for what was wrong with me. A knock was heard at the door and I unlocked it to see a concerned guy with bright green hair look down on me.

"Are you alright? I saw you rush in here and you didn't lock the door so I thought I would check to see if you were okay, I heard you being sick. Flight sickness?" He asked nervously, as he searched the back of his neck. Unfortunately I responded by turning back into the toilet and once again throwing up into the messy plastic bowl, in response he jumped to hold my hair and rub my back. After wiping my mouth again I looked back at him,

"I don't know what's wrong with me, but I guess so, probably flight sickness. Thank you for coming to help me, and you are?" I said to him, there looked like there was three of him thanks to my blurred vision and spinning headaches.

"That's okay, and I'm Sean." He smiled back, helping me up and out of the toilet. I looked over to see Phil stuck behind the duty free cart, obviously trying to come and see me as he noticed my absence in his sleepy state. I waved over to him and he looked at me with concern, but he went to sit down anyway. I looked back at Sean as he smiled at me.
"Well I hope you feel better, I'm guessing that's your boyfriend?" He said to me cheerfully, which was very nice.
"Thank you Sean, and yes he is!" I thought for a moment, Sean was lovely, and I was intrigued by his eccentric aura. "Here is my number, don't be a stranger!" I said to him, handing him a slip of paper with my number scribbled on it. Obviously I wasn't romantically interested in Sean, but he seemed like a lovely guy so  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  .

I finally returned to Phil feeling dizzy and sick still, and he rubbed my head as I fell asleep until we landed back in London to meet Dan at the airport.

-------------

I got back to the flat, and I couldn't shake the feeling of dread in my stomach. I felt awful still, what if I was poisoned?! What if I was dying?! Carrie reassured me that it was probably food poisoning, and she was probably right as I was not thinking straight at all. I retired to my bed and couldn't sleep all night. I couldn't get comfortable. You know that feeling when you're too hot, but when you move your duvet, you're too cold? That was it all night. That paired with ridiculous headaches and the constant eating of the Toblerone caused me to remain awake all night, thinking about anything and everything.

I hadn't felt sick all night, but a sudden rush of nausea flushed over me at about 5:30am, but I couldn't be sick. I felt absolutely dreadful until about 7, when I once again rushed to the toilet to spill my guts. Carrie rushed in and I traipsed back to bed, she insisted on looking after me in my fragile state as I called Dan to come over for a chat.

--------

"Are you sure you didn't pick up any weird disease in Austria? I've heard that there is something going around there at the moment which could've caused this mess." Dan said to me as he looked through his phone with a cup of tea in his hand, sat cross - legged on my bed with me. I felt a lot better, and Dan was furiously googling my symptoms to find out what was wrong with me.

" I don't think so Dan, I did everything right and didn't come across any native pheasants, as you can only get that by interacting with the wild birds. Give up Dan, I probably ate some bad eggs or something and I'll be fine." I replied, laughing at his extremity.

"Whatever you say," he responded, "What tea was this again?"

I am so sorry I have been gone for ages ease no hate just ignore it and enjoy, thank you for 23k x