Getting away

(Above is a picture that I took of the bridge mention later)
~~~~~~ Lana's POV ~~~~~~
Later that evening, Phil and I stayed up, looking online for the best places to go. We decided that we wanted to go somewhere colder as that was more seasonally appropriate, so we settled for Salzburg in Austria. I'd always wanted to go there, the mountains and old town looked stunning and i'd always wanted to live my sound of music dreams in the hills ( it was filmed there.)
Phil went home to pack his bags as I did mine, we were going for 4 days so I packed a few jumpers and jeans, preparing myself for the chill. I texted Phil, reminding him to double check the last minute booking of the hotel, and then climbed into bed once again, excitement bubbling at the thought of a few days away with the man I loved.

----

8am came round fast and I woke, my eyes adjusted to the bright light and I suddenly became aware of body heat radiating onto me. I turned around to see none other than Phil, curled up in my bed. I had no idea as to how he had gotten there and when he had arrived, but I lightly shook him awake as we really needed to get going for our 11am flight. He smiled up at me with tired eyes,
"Morning, I've been here an hour, Carrie let me in, let's go."
He pressed a kiss to my lips and swung his legs out of the bed.

----
"BYE CARRIE!!" I shouted at my curly haired friend as I slammed the door of our apartment, a taxi was waiting outside for Phil and I. We clambered in with our suitcase and headed for the airport, I was beyond excited.
"The hotel is booked, I am so excited to spend these days with you" Phil said sweetly, grinning at me with content.
"Good, it was so nice of them to accept us at such late notice! And me too." I smiled back at him, kissing him softly. I could never get over the feeling of his lips on mine, I could never believe it fully. As we sped through London, I watched the hustle and bustle of the busy people on the main streets. Phil made useless conversation with the taxi driver, and I felt him nudge me as the car came to a halt. We climbed out and payed our fare, Phil then took my free hand as we walked to the checkout desk.

-----

After our 3 hour flight in which a teenager sat next to us could not look away, (must've been a fan of Phil) we arrived in sunny but cold Austria. The mountains were absolutely breathtaking and everyone was so friendly, snow littered the ground and our breath was visible as we waited for a bus to the main town. We finally got to our 4 star hotel and were impressed by the facilities, the bed was very comfortable and the whole place was clean.
"Right, it's 4pm, fancy a walk and then dinner?" Phil suggested, throwing on a coat and taking his phone off charge.
"Of course." I replied to him, I opened the door and we headed out once again. We came across a beautiful bridge just outside of the door, the chains weighed down by a scattering of colourful padlocks, some engraved with loving words, some covered with nothing but paint. Phil's face lit up as he let go of my hand to run to a tiny stool across the road, and returned shortly afterwards with a tiny red padlock, his cheeks red from the crisp air.
"Shall we?" He bowed down slightly, extending his arm as if taking me to dance.
"We shall." I giggled, taking his arm and following him to the very centre of the bridge. He let go of me and handed me the padlock, allowing me to link it on to the chain. Each of us took a key, a Phil looked at me lovingly.
"Thank you so much for coming and being you, I love you so much." He kissed me passionately and in that moment, I knew that he had to be the one. Things seemed to fall into place as we both flung our keys into the river, not breaking our embrace once. The moment was broken by a presumably Austrian lady playing some sort of instrument walking towards us and cheering, smiling widely as she watched our moment.
"Schön! Schön!" She shouted, playing her instrument and grinning more. Phil and I broke apart and thanked the older lady, she nodded and moved on, continuing to shout praise back at us. We both laughed brightly and continued on to find a place for dinner.

-----
We ate at a beautiful Italian restaurant on the river, and the food was spectacular. At around 9pm we made our way back to the hotel, the evening was all that I could have asked for, and I knew that I loved Phil to bits. This get away was perfect.

More to come on the holiday, sorry I was gone for ages, please no hate, thank you so much for 14k! Also, Austria is beautiful and I have actually been to all of the places which I will mention, I highly recommend it! I'll be updating soon if I can, love you all. (Btw I met Dan and Phil whilst I was away, they smell spectacular)