I let V take all control and he runs to wherever he wants to. I trust him, trying to relax and thinking of a plan as all of a sudden V stops. I look to see why and see behind the bush hunters.

"Shit", V curses in my head. He softly sneaks back, turning around and wanting to run as we hear a click and a chuckle.

"Look at that", a woman says. V doesn't doubt and runs away as fast as he can, but that doesn't stop the hunters from shooting at us. They miss multiple times, but then an awfully painful feeling goes through my leg, V loses balance and falls on the ground as he howls in pain.

"V, get up. They'll come", I panic, feeling the stinging pain fade a bit as adrenaline rush through my veins and the footsteps of the hunter run closer.

V tries to get up, struggling to walk away and eventually falling down, howling in pain. "I can't", he cries out, trying once again and failing miserably.

Should we have stayed at Bogum's place? How could I have been so stupid to go out in the forest at nighttime all by myself?

"Look at that", the woman says again and V looks up to give us a view of the human's face. "So they still exist? Take it with you", the man says and two other men grab me to take me with them. V howls in pain when they carelessly grab my leg, but they don't care.

"We'll let Eunbi take care of that wound", the woman says unbothered, probably not really caring about it.

"I'm sorry, Tae. I couldn't get away", V says sadly. I can feel his disappointment and distress over the fact he could protect me. "It's okay, V. You tried", I say, trying to comfort my wolf, who is in even more pain than me right now.

"I should have protected you! I couldn't protect you from that asshole and now also not from these hunters", V whimpers sadly. "V, I told you it's not your fault! It's okay, I'm glad I still have you in the end", I smile.

We get ripped out of our conversation when I get brutally thrown on the couch of a car. They drive away with a high tempo to God knows where.

"What are we gonna do now?" I ask scared. "I don't know... we can't do anything. We'll need to try escape once we're there and healed", V mumbles.

The drive lasted shorter than expected and before we knew it, we're in front of a mansion hidden behind trees and bushes.

"I don't feel well", V mutters, eyes closing a bit and view getting dizzy. "I need you to stay strong, V. Please, don't leave me", I say quickly, really not wanting to be locked in a shot of body.

"Get it to, Hwang. It's losing too much blood. We don't want this treasure to die", the woman says and we again get lifted out of the car and this time carried into the mansion.

"I'm sorry", V mumbles, and his eyes close. Shit. I can't see anything now, just hearing them talk sometimes and smelling things faintly. I smell other wolves, they probably have more of us stuck here. It makes me sick.

"Make sure it doesn't die." "Yes, ma'am", a soft voice says. Footsteps going away and a door closes.

"Oh god, poor thing. They got you badly", the woman that's supposed to help me says. I feel her hand go through my fur at my head. "I'm sorry", she mumbles. Awh, it's good to know people are here who don't mean to harm us.

I smell an Alpha near. A single of hope going through me that it'd help me, but what am I thinking? In a house filled with hunters? No, that Alpha must be locked too. But it is so close to me...

I scream by the pain when the girl takes out the bullet. That hurts so much, how the hell did Jeongguk just watch me do that without even flinching???

"Come on, Eunbi. We gotta do this fast", the girl talks softly to herself, making her somewhat adorable to me. She wraps something around my leg, probably bandages.

"If I'm right it'll be healed in some hours, right? You'll be fine little one", she says and again pets my fur.

"What's going on?" V wakes up again, not knowing where he is or what's happening. "This woman just helped us. Please don't hurt her. She seems genuinely nice", I say and V huffs. "They're all the same", he mumbles and opens his eyes so we can see her.

"You woke up! Already. You're a strong boy. Here have some water", the very pretty woman smiles and gives us water. V grumbles a bit towards the woman, already noticed that we're caged to the table and he can't do anything to her as he leans down to drink water.

But then he stops. "She's an Alpha! She's a werewolf too!" V yells shocked. What the- V looks at the woman. Barking a bit and trying to communicate with her. But it doesn't work. She just frowns.

"Shift back. Talk with her. She could maybe help us", V says. "But I'll be naked!" I gulp. We didn't get much more time as the doors open again and the snobby looking woman from before walks back in.

"You're done?" she asks, a man walking behind her. "Yes, ma'am. But he needs some food. To heal better. He seems to starve", the girl says. She was right. With all that happened lately, I haven't eaten a lot.

"Not my problem. Take it to its cell", the woman says. V can't help himself and growls dangerously low at the man coming closer. But then we feel a hand in our fur on top of our head. "Calm down, little wolf", the girl says in a sweet way that makes V immediately calm down and huff.

The men take us off the table, struggling to get the muzzle over our mouth. "This is humiliating", V sighs sadly. And it really was. But what can we do? Our legs are cuffed together so we can't run and even if we tried, we could easily get shot down again.

But I can't let this be the end. I need to find out if that Eunbi girl is really an Alpha. If so, what is she doing here, and maybe she can help us?

But what do I do then? What am I gonna do once I get out of here? Where do I go? Jeongguk wouldn't let me in, right? What would he think if I come back so pathetically? Because my mate came back and started to go all psycho on me.

I can't go back. I'm scared of what Bogum would do to me. And going to my parents makes it too easy for Bogum to find me.

I have nowhere to go.