[26]

26| explain

KIM TAEHYUNG

"So.. Bogum? You're back." It's quite awkward around the dinner table. It is hard to believe Bogum is really back. Especially after seeing him dead myself.

"Explain please", my father says, giving him a look that screams he doesn't trust this. "I survived. Last-minute I woke up, guess my wolf was strong enough to save me from death", he says and turns towards me. "You weren't at the funeral?" he asks calmly but I could sense he was hurt.

I avert my eyes from his hurt ones, not being able to look in them. "I wasn't invited", I say softly. "What?" Bogum asks shocked. "Your parents told us that they wanted to take care of it and didn't call Taehyung for a date or so.. some days after the funeral Taehyung found out", my mother says, slight anger laced in her voice.

Bogum frowns, looking down but staying silent. "But you're back now. Why not earlier?" Jimin asks and Bogum looks at him. All this time Jimin hadn't said anything. Jimin and Bogum are not the best friends since Bogum wanted Jimin to back off a bit and Jimin didn't appreciate him trying to separate me and Jimin.

"You think I didn't try? I couldn't. I was so close to death... it takes a while to recover from that", Bogum answers him. "And that took months?" Jimin asks with narrowed eyes, obviously suspiciously about Bogum's story, and honestly, I am too.

"No... but it took a long time. I was afraid Taehyung moved on so I stayed back, trying to find him to find out. But Tae you weren't here nor in our apartment. And when I saw you walk on the market today alone and looking kinda sad, I couldn't stop myself from going to you."

That might be true. I was at Jeongguk's pack all the time so if you searched for me he wouldn't have found me. But why didn't he just ask my parents?

Then the doorbell rings. I stand up. "I will go", I say and walk away, leaving them for a moment because it all became too much.

I open the door and am surprised to see Seokjin. "Seokjin?! What are you doing here?" I gasp, smiling widely after. I can't help myself and launch forward to hug him tightly. Seokjin giggles and hugs me back. "Hey, Tae. I'm here cause.. you know.. I need to see him", he says with a sad smile. I smile back knowing exactly what he means.

"I'll get him for you", I say and want to go away, but Seokjin grabs my wrist to prevent me from going. "How are you, Tae? Do you... miss us?" Seokjin asks, making me gulp and look down with a shrug. "Kinda... I-I'm not sure why Jeongguk- you know.. he let me go but why?" I ask and look at Seokjin, feeling super sad all of a sudden.

Seokjin gives me a pitiful smile, "things are going on there right now that's too dangerous. Jeongguk doesn't trust his guards enough to take care of you and he himself isn't always near. So he thought it'd be the best to bring you back home", Seokjin says and I sigh as I look down. I've heard that before...

"But you're back now! You're home. Isn't that relieving? I even saw a guy inside", Seokjin smirks. "That's my mate", I sigh. "You don't sound happy", Seokjin mumbles, looking at me with worried narrowed eyes. "He died some months ago.. he came back and I don't know.. I think I got over him. I don't like him anymore", I say softly. "Then be honest with him okay?" I nod softly.

"Let me get Jimin", I say and go back into the house. "Who's there?" My father asks. "Someone for Jimin", I smile and see Jimin look up surprised. "For me?" he asks. I nod. "Now go!" I giggle and push him towards the hallway.

I sit down again. "What did I miss?" I ask and see them all look at me. "We think Bogum is a possible threat. We don't trust him", my father says. "What? Why?" I ask confused. "He woke up from death. He's a zombie!" my mother says.

Bogum sighs. "Taehyung.. you know it's me right?" Bogum asks with such desperation in his eyes, it was sad to see him in this state. "I do", I say and see him smile widely. "However... you do come out of nowhere without giving any signs of you being alive beforehand, which is still very strange. You understand I think like that?" I ask and he nods with a sad sigh. "I do.."

An awkward silence came up, but I barely even notice, mind going somewhere else, leaving me ashamed that I'm thinking about another guy while my mate is sitting right next to me. Yes, I'm thinking about Jeongguk.

I can't deny it... I wish I went back. We kissed for God's sake! It's not that that meant nothing to me. I have feelings for him. Maybe I love him even. And sitting next to my mate, I realize that. I feel less with Bogum than with Jeongguk.

And even V is with me at this. And V hated Jeongguk.

"Still don't trust him though", V huffs annoyed, trying to protest, but I know he would give up once he speaks to Jeongguk's wolf again.

"Taehyung", I look up, getting pulled out of my thought by Bogum. "I'm your mate, Tae. You can feel I'm the real one right?" he asks and I gulp. He's right. Besides his story being kinda shady, it is him.. it must be.

So I nod. "That's true", I mumble, feeling his hand grab mine. "Can we please go back to how we are? I missed you so much", Bogum asks, coming closer to take me in a big hug. "Of course he will, you're his mate", my mother says before I could even say something myself. Giving me no space in defending myself as I see Bogum smile so happy.

"I'm going to check on Jimin", I mumble and rush out of the room. When I get in the hallway I see Jimin and Seokjin kissing each other. I sigh softly, not wanting to disturb them.

Just now I realize that Jimin is here for me. But he belongs there with Seokjin and Namjoon. More guilt feelings rush through me. I don't want to be the cause of them not seeing each other that much.

So when they're done and hugging each other, I softly bite my lip and walk closer. "Why don't you take Jimin with you?" I suggest and both look at me with widened eyes. "What? Tae, I can't leave you alone", Jimin exclaims. "I'll be fine! We can visit each other right? See how much you two miss each other, you should be together", I smile. They look at each other with a soft smile before looking back.

"Are you sure, Tae?" Seokjin asks worriedly. I nod. Both smile more as they hug me closely, making me giggle at their enthusiasm and hug them back.

"Thank you so much, Tae", Seokjin smiles. I never saw him this happy before... "Don't thank me", I say and get a new hug from Jimin. "If there is anything, just call me okay?" he says and I nod. "We're gonna grab Jimin's things", I smile and Seokjin nods as he waits and we go to grab Jimin's luggage.

After that, Jimin and I walk to the kitchen. Walking in there, there is a creepy silence. The tension is so high it makes me shiver. Great...

Jimin tells my parents he's leaving and that he's very thankful that he could stay here. They immediately smile and tell him not to thank them and to have fun with Seokjin.

Jimin looks at me and hugs me once again, this time very tightly. "Don't do it, Tae. Follow your heart", Jimin whispers in my ear, making my heart beat a bit faster cause the first thing coming to mind wasn't my beta mate.

It was an Alpha king.