[12]

12| ice cream

KIM TAEHYUNG

I sigh softly, eyes opening carefully and I found myself in a dark room. I close them again to slowly open them again afterwards and wrap myself around the blanket, hugging it in process.

Memories of last night fly through my head, making me blush lightly.

"Did you have a nice dinner?" Jeongguk asks and I nod. "You, Alpha?" I ask and Jeongguk nods his head too. "Did you enjoy having dinner with me, Taehyung?" he then asks and I blush softly by the unexpected question. I nod my head as a yes. "Yes, Alpha. It was nice", I mumble and look down shyly.

"Good, it was nice with you too", he admits and I blush more. "You want dessert?" he asks and I nod my head eagerly. Who says 'no' to dessert? I see the Alpha's left mouth corner twitch and for a moment thought he might smile, which I haven't seen him do yet. But he coughs it off and gestures the waiter to come.

"Let's get ice cream on our way back to the car hmm?" Jeongguk asks and I smile as I nod. I think he hadn't said something this useful since we met. The Alpha pays for our food and I felt a bit ashamed because I couldn't pay for.

We get up and walk out of the restaurant. "That way", Jeongguk says and lays his hand on my lower back, almost not touching it, as he leads me into the right direction. I try not to blush by the light gentle touch and look away from the Alpha so he wouldn't see my reaction.

We walk in silence, Jeongguk had put his hands in his pockets and I play with my own fingers behind my back. I'm shy, so shy, I wish I wasn't, but I am. The presence of my Alpha makes it ten time worse than usual. I just don't know what's going on in his mind, I don't know what he likes or what angers him, I don't know anything about him actually.

But I do know that I really enjoyed this dinner. So when we arrive back at the packhouse after our ice cream and we're about to part ways, I can't help but grab his arm to make him stop.

He looks at me with those fire red eyes, eyebrows slightly up in curiosity. I blush by the look, the fact I have to look up, because he's so much taller than me and how he hovers over me a bit.

"Thank you for tonight, Alpha. I really enjoyed it", I smile shyly and see him gulp as his face stays the same. "Me too, now go to sleep, Taehyung. Tomorrow we're going to train again", Jeongguk says and walks away.

I stared at his broad back. The way he talked and looked at me, as if he wasn't quite there, just present enough to hear what I said. As if his mind was filled with concerning thought. As if he was in a fight with himself. He looked vulnerable for a short second, like under dinner.

And then I remember one of his last sentences. He's going to train me again... I groan, mood ruined and push my face in the pillow. I hear knocks on the door and mumble a "come in" loud enough that the person behind it can hear it. Sojung walks in and I sit up.

"Woah, you're up before me", Sojung mocks and I roll my eyes. "So, tell me, how was last night?" Sojung asks and I blush lightly. "Oh my god, did you guys kiss?" Sojung asks enthusiastically and my eyes widen. "Oh my god, no!" I exclaim and she pouts. "Next time better", she mumbles and I blush more by her words. "But you had fun? Was he nice?" I nod. "Yes, he was nice. I got ice cream so whatever could have happened, ice cream makes everything better", I giggle and Sojung smiles.