[24]

I hate to ask, but can y'all comment and stuff? Give me feedback or just un comments to read? I lost motivation to write and I know that you guys always help me get more motivated...

Anygays, I hope you enjoy this chapter.

24| broken

KIM TAEHYUNG

Light broke through my window and fell onto my face, a thing I could never endure. The ability to sleep with light wasn't given to me, so I was forced to slowly open my eyes and blink rapidly to adjust to the now very bright room.

I felt someone was with me, laying next to me in the same bed, so I turned around slowly, feeling how weak my muscles are. "Jiminie?" I ask with a raspy voice, coughing softly to make it disappear. My friend opens his eyes too, looking at me with a dazed look. He's the confused kind of person in the morning, which could lead to funny or terrible events if we weren't that great friends. But I have no idea how I ended up here, so him being all dazzled won't help me out.

"Hey, Tae.. how are you?" Jimin asks, all of a sudden way more up and alert. He sits a bit up and looks at me with worried eyes, making me curious about what happened.

"I'm fine.. why? How are you?" I ask now getting worried too disturbed as Jimin let out a long relieved sigh and hugs me closely. "I'm fine, you didn't remember what happened two days ago? You've been in sleep since then", Jimin says. "N-No.. what happened?" I ask, a squeaking tone in my voice giving away I was scared.

Jimin makes an attempt to explain what happened, but the door opens and my parents run in to hug me and asking me questions like how I'm doing...

"What happened?" I ask, breaking the hug with my parents. "Well.." Jimin starts to explain everything. How a shapeshifter had killed his mom to look like her and tried to trick us. How they got me and tried to kill me and Jeongguk was just in time to save me. That's when I interrupted him.

"Wait.. where is the Alpha? How did you come all the way here?" I ask, looking at my parents. They smile softened. "We didn't go there. You came back here and the Alpha is still at his own pack", my mom says and I look at them with a frown, trying to understand what they're saying.

"You're home again, Taehyung. You don't have to marry him anymore", my father says with a smile. "Really?" I ask softly, confused why I'm not feeling happy and relieved, I feel heavy and slightly suffocating. Like the world just got turned upside down. Like it wasn't right... but it was right? This was right, this is where I truly belong. Jeongguk is not my mate in the first place.

"Yes, Tae", my mother smiles and hugs me again. I hug her back, looking at Jimin once to see him smile a little at me.

~

"Why don't you eat, Taehyung?" mother asks. I sigh, looking at my plate. "Why did you ask me to move back in with you?" I ask softly.

Jimin went out with my father to do grocery shopping and mother made something to eat, saying I need to get better because I'm still weak from what happened before. But I couldn't stop thinking about what happened some days ago, that day before dinner and before Jeongguk and I...

"So you could get over losing your mate, Taebear. But of course also because we would always want you here", mother smiles sadly. I gulp. "You knew... you knew about the Alpha's deal", I say and look at her. "Didn't you?"

I see her eyes change a bit and a long sigh leaves her mouth. "Yes." she says softly and looks down. "But not when I asked you to move back in. Later I found out. I thought that you'd stay." I frown. "Why didn't you tell me anything? You could have told me", I say and she nods. "I know.. but I didn't want to worry you", she says and I felt anger rush through my veins.