[36]

36| 8 pm

KIM TAEHYUNG

I lay in bed, rolling around and trying to sleep. But I couldn't. My mind keeps going back to Jeongguk. He went to see me! The thought of him going to my pack to see me makes my heart skip a beat and a smile to creep on my face rather I like it or not.

But then I think of the fact I wasn't there. No, I was at my "mate's" home. Did my parents tell him? What would he think?? Maybe he hates me now?!

I sigh and sit up. I should get myself a cup of warm milk. It always helps me get sleepy and fall asleep. So u get out of bed and sneak out of the room.

I greet a guard by waving swiftly as I pass him towards the kitchen. Luckily the Carat pack isn't very hated and there are almost no guards around at night. Just some to provide a bit of safety. When I enter the kitchen I see no guard, which relieves me. I'm not in the mood for a conversation and staying silent with another person in the room as you wait for your drink to get warm is also kinda awkward. So it forces me to choose between two unwanted situations.

I get a cup and pour in some milk before standing on my tiptoes and putting the cup in the microwave that's placed higher than my body can reach.

With struggles, I get the cup there and I try to see which buttons must be pressed, but it works and now I have to wait 2 minutes long.

I sigh and turn around to get scared shitless, seeing a dark figure standing there. Before I can scream, the person places a hand over my mouth. I want to protest but my nose gets filled with a delicious familiar scent and I finally see who he is.

As he notices I'm calmer, he slowly let go of me. "Hey", he says with a small crooked grin. I think I lost my voice, not being able to talk and only look at him as tears gather in my eyes. His eyes widen as he sees it. "Taehyung, I'm sorry... please don't cry. I shouldn't have come. I just... wanted to see you", he panics and it made me chuckle softly through the tears. I lean forward and hug him.

"I miss you", I sob softly. Its silence for a bit, finally his arms move up slowly and wrap around me too. "I... I miss you too", Jeongguk says and I look up. "You do?" I ask, wanting to wipe my tears away, but Jeongguk was quick to do so before I had the chance. He rests his hand on my cheek, softly caressing the skin with his thumb and the gentle gestures made me cry only more.

"Why did you sent me away?" I ask, wanting to hear the story from his side. He sighs softly. "Safety..." he says, softly removing his hand from my cheek. "I don't get it", I speak softly. "You almost died", Jeongguk says with a frown and I blush a bit. "You can see now that I'm perfectly fine. And that's cause you saved me", I mumble, stepping closer and watching his head turn to me again.

"It's dangerous in my pack. It's not a place for angels like you", he says, tone softer and almost whispering as our faces are close enough to hear it. "I don't think I care", I say.

Then the microwave finishes. A beeping sound interrupting our moment and making Jeongguk shot death-glares at the machine. I giggle, getting his attention back.

"You really had to make warm milk?" he asks a bit annoyed as I walk away to get it. I nod and stand on my tiptoes again to get the cup, hand up above my hand and feeling where the cup is.

I feel a presence behind me and see Jeongguk getting the cup for me. I blush as I thank him, embarrassed by my height. "You're welcome, cub", he winks, placing the cup behind me on the counter, placing his hands on the counter on both my sides.

He leans down with a smug smirk as my blush only grows. "What about I come to you tomorrow, say around 8 pm. And I'll bring you back to my pack? Would you like that?" he asks and I felt myself smile shyly as I nod. "I'd love to", I exclaim, covering my mouth after cause I was too loud.

Jeongguk chuckles as he grabs my hand and removes it, only to lean closer and replace it with his lips. I blush more as I kiss him back. It was a short kiss but meant more than anything to me. "A guard is coming so I have to go now. See you tomorrow, little cub", he winks and swiftly jumps through the open window.

Warm milk long forgotten I let out a big sigh and squeal softly as I go upstairs again. I fall onto my bed and it didn't take me long as I fall asleep, mindset on Jeongguk's promise to get me tomorrow at 8 PM.

JEON JEONGGUK

I've never felt this way. Hands wet from sweat, heart beating a bit too fast and warm feeling going through my veins. I went to see Taehyung. A wolf that meant more to me than needed or wanted. I grew to like the omega, to get attached to his clumsy ways of being. I like it, I like the thought of protecting the little wolf.

But it doesn't mean I'm used to it. Not ever in my life did I feel this way and it makes me confused and unstable, which is a very unpleasant feeling. I'm normally a man who has everything under control and I have to say it works out much better. And now I got an arranged marriage with this Omega and it changed everything. My goals, my feelings, my whole vision of the world, and life.

I have to admit that when I found out I would get my own Omega, I was not that much against it. Having your own Omega is not something to be ashamed of as an Alpha. But soon I noticed Taehyung wasn't as confident and cocky as most Omegas I met. He isn't as easy as them. No, Taehyung was polite yet sassy. He was scared and knew very well what his place was. He called me 'Alpha' as told and didn't try to disobey me. I expected whole different behavior and that was also the reason I went so hard on him at the beginning.

The part that made me interested in him the most was that he knows his place but also his self-worth. He obeyed the ones higher ranked, but if he wasn't feeling it or wasn't one with the idea, he'd show it. Sometimes with a whine and sometimes straight-up telling me, like with the pup-accident. You could see he kind of regretted it, but just for the reactions.

Taehyung is a good, smart person. And the best part was; he has no interest in being my partner. Sure he'd eye me sometimes, checking out my physics are just my face. I know he's attracted to me, but it didn't change the fact he disliked my attitude and stood with that fact.

"Where were you?!" I look up to see Seokjin. "You were looking for me?" I ask and my brother nods violently. "Yes! Like everywhere! We have to leave now, it's already 4.30", he says annoyed, and throws a gear-pad my way. "Where were you?" he repeats his first question, looking at me through narrowed eyes.

I grin to myself at the thought. I wish I could kiss him again. His lips are so soft, also the blush afterward is precious. And the look in his beautiful blue eyes... "yes we get it... he's pretty, you like him, now cut the cheesy behavior and kill a bitch", Jk interferes my thought and I cough, completely agreeing to him. "You don't need to know", I wink and walk away, attack hinges the gear-pad to my chest by simply sticking it to my shirt. I press on it and it forms a see-through armor. This is special armor that protects us when we're in wolf form but also makes sure our cloths won't rip when we change into our wolf form. So we won't be naked when we change back.

"Jeongguk!" I look to my left and see Yoongi walk my way. "Finally, you're here. Man I know you want to see Tae but please do that after this all", he groans and I frown confused. He notices my confusion and chuckles, "I heard you and Yuna talk and watching you leave after made it clear you went to see our future Luna. But besides that, the guard is ready."

"Well, let's go then. I have an Omega to pick up at 8 pm and I can't get too late."