[11]

11| moongoddess

KIM TAEHYUNG

It's quiet. I don't know if I like it or not, sitting next to the Alpha in complete silence. It's awkward, yet I'm happy I don't have to talk with him yet. It gives me time to think of things I can say later under dinner.

But of course I don't. I want to but I can't. My eyes wander to the window, taking in the view of the forest. Trees wooshing out of sight, just as quick as it entered my view, indicating how quick we drive. Numerous shades of green filling my orbs and leaving me admiring and captivated. Making me keep looking at the alluring miracle called nature.

I wonder how the world was looking before creatures destroyed it, mostly humans. Is there even an era without humans, just earth and it's beauty?

The forest always fascinated me, tried to lure me with it's bright colors and delicious scents. I always want to go deeper in it, explore natures secrets and watch this whole different word grow and evolve.

The forest and our moon, a silver orb shining onto us when the sun leaves us alone, the place where our goddess lives, both make me get lost in thoughts and never ending questions. Luna, the moongoddess, mother of the wolves. I believe she exists, even though she makes me go through a lot, I can feel it. She's real.

"We're here", I hear and look up to see Alpha Jeon get out of the car. I quickly opens the door and step out of it too, well I tried. My foot get caught between the seat and the doorway and I almost fall out of the car.

I quickly gather myself and stand up straight to see the Alpha look at me with unreadable eyes. "Everything alright?" he asks and I blush ashamed as I nod and close the door.

"You know.. it's maybe easier when you stand on both feet and don't stumble over everything", the Alpha smirks with amused eyes and I gulp as the blush gets redder, which only seems to satisfy the Alpha more.

"Thanks for the advice, Alpha", I say and he scoffs a sort of laugh as he opens the door for me. I blush more as he let me go first and try not to think more of his sudden gentleman behavior than necessary or needed. I shouldn't.

As soon as we are seated around a small table, I start to realize how unpleasant this is. He sits in front of me, meaning he'll be looking at me automatically. And the worst part is, I look back at him. So before the evening had the chance to start, I already predicted there will be a lot of me blushing and looking down.

"Hello, I'm your waiter for tonight. Let me hand you the menu's already", a man's voice says and we look up to see a nice-looking guy. I smile and take the menu from him.

"Would you like something to drink already?" the male asks and we nod, I go for a simple glass of water and the man now looks at Jeongguk. He also gets water, which I for some reason didn't expect.

The male leaves after writing it down and that means we're alone again, an awkward silence laying itself upon us as I look at the table and bite my lip.

"How are you?" the Alpha's deep voice suddenly speaks and I look up to see him look at me. I shrug. "I'm okay, how about you?" "I'm just fine."

The silence is back. It's eating me alive, I push my brains to think of something, something to ask so I show interest.

"What is your name? Like, I know you're Alpha Jeon, but never knew your real name", I say, blushing a bit embarrassed that I don't even know that. Although he didn't give me an proper chance to ask, nor did he tell me.

He looks at me, unreadable eyes fixed on mine and looking right through my soul, creating a feeling inside me, a warm tingling sensation. It climps up from my stomach towards my cheeks and add a rosy hue to my already red tinted cheeks.