Chapter 13

It takes me a few seconds to catch my breath, but after that I'm okay. It was just a nightmare. I've calmed down a bit with the realization that although this was utterly unorthodox on many levels, it wasn't as big of a deal as I had thought it to be. I mean sure, he had seen them, but that's it. He had only seen them.

I rolled out of bed, letting the warm comforter fall to the floor. The air in my house was unusually cold, so I groggily walk towards my window and peer through the curtains. A bright scene blinds me and I find the ground is covered completely in snow. I guess the storm hadn't let up last night. Although the snow was bright, the sky was a dark grey. It was actually a very calming sight.
I walk into the bathroom to stare at my disheveled morning face as I did everyday, and realize that a shower couldn't hurt.
Within about twenty minutes I'm out of the shower, and I begin blow drying my hair. It settles on my head in disorganized and frizzy waves, so I throw it up in a scrunchie and get dressed.

After getting my bra and underwear on, I reach for my t-shirt. Halfway through tugging it over my head, the doorbell rings.

"Great." I mumble, flinging my dresser drawer open and digging around for a pair of sweatpants. The door bell rings two more times.
I roll my eyes, tearing clothes out of my drawer, still unable to find a single pair of pants to put on.
Suddenly I remember that I had put a pair in the dryer, so I exit my room, and hurry down the stairs toward the laundry room.

"Scar?" I shoot my head up to see Brendon standing in the middle of my front room. My foot slips out from under me, and I trip painfully down the last remaining stairs.

"Oh my god..." he rushes over to me, and extends his hand.
I reach for it, and he helps me to my feet, steadying me.
His eyes trail down my body freely, and he bites his lip, bringing his eyes back up to meet mine.
-what's the point, you've already seen me naked.
A sick feeling forms in my stomach, and I peer up at him.

"Why are you here?" I ask, crossing my arms.

"I came here to check up on you while your mom is gone."
He said innocently, yet sternly, staring at my face.
There was a certain look in his eyes that I couldn't put my finger on.
"Okay, but why did you just come into my house?" he chuckles.

"Alright, I'm sorry about that, but you didn't answer. I just wanted I see what was going on."

"We'll I'm doing just fine, you can leave, or have a seat. I obviously need to go put some pants on." I say turning toward the laundry room, but he grabs me by the waist and pulls me back.