Chapter 12

He had seen them, and she knew he had seen them. Her English teacher had viewed naked pictures of her, and it was all her fault.
Scarlett screamed and threw her phone under her bed. A single tear escaped, and rolled down her cheek. It was only the beginning of many.

Her clock flashed 10:56
?and she continued to sob, knowing she would have a very long night. Her thoughts consume only with complete terror in realization of the situation. But as it got later into the night, her crying subsided, and her cheeks were raw with the trace of drying tears. The clock now read 5:23 am, and Scarlett rolled over, half expecting to get some sleep, and also so she wouldn't be obsessed over checking the time every few seconds.
_______________
Brendon held me tightly in his arms, our lips connecting passionately. We were in his empty classroom after school, and things were getting heated. This kiss was the best thing I'd ever experienced, and I didn't want it to stop. I could feel everything. His hands placed strongly against my back. Our bodies pressed firmly together. His breath fanning my chin as we separated between the collision of our lips. Then all at once his touch was gone, and I was falling. Falling quickly with a thud against the tile floor. A roar of laughter erupts around me, and I turn my head to find the classroom full of students. Everyone in my English class. they sit cackling, bearing phones to capture my embarrassment. I turn my head, to hide my face in shame and realize that I'm naked. I hurry to cover myself, only ensuing more cruel laughter. But I hear one laugh in particular. Brendon's. I find him standing with everyone else, phone in hand. The flash blinds me and I hear the camera shutter.
_______________

A scream erupts from my lungs, and I wake myself with a startled jump.