Chapter 8

As I walk back into the class, Mr.Urie is already standing on the other side of the room talking to a group of students.

I sat at my desk hoping to work a little more to finish up the story on my brother. I gave up after a few minutes, since my mind wouldn't focus on writing. My mind was more worried about continuously questioning whether that little closet scenario had really just happened.
I could still feel where his hand had been on my waist. I wanted to take in the feeling for as long as I could, almost imagining that it was still there.

My imagination begins to take over, and I start thinking about what I'd have liked to have happened in the closet with Brendon.
He stares deeply into my eyes, putting his other hand on my waist as well. He draws me closer, and I can almost feel the warmth of his body pressed against mine. He bites his lip, and bows his head closer to mine. Were only inches away, and the bell sounds loudly throughout the speakers causing me to jolt out of my trance.

Students stampede to the door almost toppling one another in the process.

My cheeks are red, and I feel embarrassed, even though no one even knows what I'd been thinking about.

"Do you have any assignments to work on tonight?" Brendon asks, sitting on the surface of his desk, and crossing his legs.

"No. I'm practically done with the entire writing assignment."

"A week early?" I nod, returning the smile that spread over his face.
"You are such an over achiever." he says chuckling in in his smooth voice, making me shiver.

{ Perspective Change }

Scarlett bit her lip nervously, meeting Brendon's eyes, which were locked directly on her. She held his gaze for a moment daringly, then looked away.

"Sometime being an over achiever isn't a bad thing." She says confidently, running a hand through her hair. Brendon laughed again, and smiled.

"You know," he says, after a moment.
"You never talk about yourself."

"Well, I mean, there's not much to say."

"There's gotta be something about you worth listening to." He said, shaking his head slightly.

"How about you Brendon?" Scarlett replied, raising an eyebrow at him.
"I don't know much about you either, yet here we are." She scoffed.

"Touché."