Chapter 38 (Part 2)

I came to, sitting on top of her with my hands around her neck. I quickly pulled them away, staring at my own palms as if they were someone else's. Like they didn't belong to my body.

She didn't move, or speak, but she curled up into my arms and sobbed. Her body was shaking uncontrollably, and her sobs were becoming convulsive.

I sat and held her while she cried for what seemed like an hour. And she never stopped.

I stood up, stunned, looked into her horrified brown eyes once more, and walked out of the room.

_______________

I sat against the wall, on the floor, controlling my breathing and trying to slow down my heart rate. I tried my hardest to push all the voices in my head away. I had lost her forever. I hadn't wanted to hurt her. I didn't want her to be scared of me. I just wanted her to know how much I loved her.

The truth is, I didn't know what I had done to her because as soon as the rage hit me, I blacked out.

Memories of the way we were at the beginning of the year, flooded into my mind. The way I used to be. When I was happy, and she was happy. When we knew there was something there.

Then it all went black once again.
_____________________

{ Scarlett }

Brendon walked back into the room after about ten minutes of silence. I tensed as he approached, and kept a solid watch on his actions. But as soon as he laid eyes on me, his expression went from soft, to shocked.

"Scarlett, what's going on?" he asked, running over to me and invading me in the sweetest hug we've ever shared. My body went stiff beneath him. He laid there holding me, but I couldn't speak a word. I felt warm drops of water hit my chest that weren't mine, I had cried out all the tears and energy in my body. But at that moment I realized that Brendon's body was vibrating. He was sobbing uncontrollably on top of me.

Why the hell was he sad? What was going on?

He lifted his head revealing red puffy eyes. Removing his arms from me, he sniffled and wiped his nose on his sleeve before curling back up into my chest and continuing to cry.

Through his sobs I could hear him say "I'm back, and I never meant to hurt you."

"What do you mean?" I finally spoke.

"Scarlett it's me, it's old Brendon. Mr. Urie? I'm back, I'm here. I don't know how you got here, or what I've done, but I know that this has happened before." he said shaking his head. This had to be some kind of trick.

But the way he was acting, and the look in his eyes, and on his face, and the pull of his lips, and the care in his touch, and the protecting grasp told me that he was back. And I was safe.

But I couldn't let my guard down just yet.

"Happened before?" I repeated.

"Yes. It happened first when I was in college. There was this girl, Sarah."

___________
{ Brendon }
(Flashback)

She was the most beautiful girl is ever seen. Her long black hair, her huge blue eyes, her long, beautiful lashes. She was spectacular.

I was a senior in college, wrapping up the last of my teaching degree. She, a mere college freshman, but I loved her anyway.

I would follow her to her dorm late at night when she left from her usual shift at the little Pizza shop. I would stand a few yards back each night and make sure that no one ever hurt her. That she was safe.

But one day I got over-infatuated. And everything from there went dark.
_________________
{ Scarlett }

We sat and talked for hours into the night. I held him in my arms, and he held me. It was the best time we had ever shared together. As far as I was concerned, these were two different people, and I couldn't blame this Brendon for the other Brendon's actions.

_________________
{ Brendon }

"So what finally happened to Sarah?" Was the last thing I heard Scarlett say before I blacked out for the last time.

I came to hearing the front door open from downstairs, and I immediately knew that my original planning was going extremely smoothly.

"Babe, I'm back. Where are you?" she called. I grabbed my gun out of the drawer of my nightstand.

"I'm up here Hun, how was your trip?" Her footsteps made their way down the hall and I took my place next to Scarlett on the bed.

"It was fantast- Brendon!" she screamed as she opened the bedroom door. The sight before her had to be heartbreaking.

Me, sat on a bed next to a frightened girl, gently pressing a gun against her temple.

"Don't say anything, or I will shoot her." I demanded "Just follow my orders." Sarah shakily nodded, staring directly at Scarlett, still shocked by the situation she had just walked into.

"Come here." I ordered. She walked closer to me, and I pushed her down onto her knees.

"Don't you see how much I love you Scarlett?" I asked exasperatedly. "I want you so bad... I would do anything for you." I gently stroked back my wife's hair, putting it neatly behind her shoulder.

I pulled the trigger instantly with no feelings of remorse whatsoever.

Scarlett froze as my wife's body fell lifelessly to the ground, yet she still never said a word.

__________________
{ Scarlett }

I watched silently as Brendon pulled his dead wife's body out of the bedroom. I wanted so badly for that to have been me. Dead. Lifeless. Out of this situation.

Brendon came back almost instantly, blood covering his hands. He placed his bloody hands against my hips, and forced his lips to mine.

"Don't you see how much I love you Scarlett?" he whispered, as my body trembled beneath him.

"I just wish you'd love me back."