14. What You Need

Start from the beginning

Out of the three women with her, the mouse hybrid was a well kept pet to someone so twisted in this place. Yoona would do anything in her power to get them out and get them to safety, whether that be her sanctuary or further from this place.

"Miss," The hamster hybrid stood from her spot, calling Yoona's attention with her head bowed, hands together in front of her. "If you would stand, we will give you one final check."

"My master should be back to get you soon." The mouse hybrid confirmed what Yoona had thought, she was a prized pet to someone. "We should do our final checks before he gets back."

Yoona merely nodded, before she felt the rabbit hybrid help her to stand up, walking with her over towards the mirrors. Yoona really didn't understand what was going on completely, and even less she agreed with what was going on, but in all life or death situation, Yoona knew she had to play the game.

This game was dangerous. But like any game like this, Yoona knew how to play.

xxx

"Jin-Hyung..." Jungkook's voice carried over the constant tapping of the keyboard. "Are you hacking a government database?"

Jin's fingers paused for all of a second, cracking his neck before he settled in to keep typing quickly; "I just need to find a few things."

"You are terrifyingly good at that." One of Jungkook's hand rested on Jin's shoulder. "Maybe you could teach me one day?"

Jin snorted but ultimately kept his eyes focused on the screen, completely immersed in the attention of finding his sister. Jungkook knew Jin would never teach him something like that, but it was the first good feeling anyone had had. Jin was quick to send Yoongi and Hoseok out to intercept the HPA, explaining the new development, Reyna having greeted Jungkook and then offered to cook dinner with Mrs. Astor.

Everyone had their jobs to do, Jin making sure that Jungkook sat in the living room with Jimin and Taehyung, Yoongi and Hoseok talking to HPA, Mr. Astor and Namjoon doing a full perimeter check, Reyna and Mrs. Astor keeping close to the younger boys. Jungkook had allowed Jimin and Taehyung to constantly talk to him, both of them never leaving a minute of silence to have Jungkook think. They didn't want to think about what could happen if he went silent again, at least from the quick description that Hoseok gave them, of just how deathly quiet Jungkook had been when they saw them.

Jungkook sat on the couch, Jimin and Taehyung made themselves as small as they could, curling up next to Jungkook, burrowing into one another and making sure they were all together. The three of them sat on the couch pushed together, they looked a little odd, a Fox, a Tiger and a Rabbit, holding a cup of tea each, but they looked like family.

And in this world, hybrids thrown together were family.

Jungkook had noticed how Jin and Namjoon needed no introduction, a quick handshake and then both of them jumping straight into a plan of action. They seemed familiar, and in a situation like this, everyone needed to be familiar, everyone needed to trust each other, and it helped to calm Jungkook a little. Jungkook needed Yoona back, and it would seem his new family would help him with that, his new family that had walked into her house... his home, were family and would protect each other.

Namjoon and Mr. Astor had come back from surveillance the property, getting comfortable on the couch across from Jungkook. They made sure not to disturb Jin who was still hacking away at the computer, instead both of them going over a map of the property. They only stopped talking once when Reyna bought over a cup of tea for both of them, Reyna kissing Namjoon's head and smiling at her boys, making sure they were comfortable.

"Namjoon?" Jungkook was surprised when Yoongi called the tall wolf from the door he walked through, finally seeing the wolf Jungkook had called.

"Oh, Suga-Hyung?" Namjoon smiled widely, looking up from the map to the two hybrids at the door.