12

Hey there lovelies!
Sorry for such another late upload, I ended up losing someone around the holidays (Thanksgiving but we're celebrating indigenous people over here, boo) so I took a break from writing and editing and just all of it.
Back at at though, bbys!
Enjoy!
xoxo

Alex

I'd been so immersed in work, I hadn't felt the alert vibrations of my phone

I'd been so immersed in work, I hadn't felt the alert vibrations of my phone. The thing was buried under stacks of paper I had lazily tossed everywhere and when I finally managed to locate the fucker, it stopped ringing. I saw that I had missed a call from Christian.

He didn't even give me the time to redial, before I saw his work extension pop up on my desk phone.

"H-Hey." I stuttered out into the line, flustered by the sudden distraction. It was difficult to tell what was and wasn't serious with Christian because he lacked patience regardless of the scenario.

The building could've been on fire, or this could just be his hunger. Everything warranted the same ridiculous response in his eyes.

"Where are you?" He asked me. His voice sounded a bit distanced- like he was trying to focus on the conversation with me, but also multitask with a few other things. Odds were, that was probably the case.

"I'm... in my office, Christian." I hesitantly replied. I mean, he was calling me on my desk phone. Where else would I be? Besides on the other side of this wall. I couldn't tell if this was a trick question.

"R-Right right, of course..." he mumbled to himself, then paused for a moment. "Would you mind coming here for a moment? I wanted to speak with you about something."

That made the hands that had already started to busy themselves with more work, freeze almost immediately. This clearly wasn't a conversation about Christian's hunger or some other irrelevant topic, I could tell by his tone.

"Sure thing. Let me clean up, and I'll come over." I replied. There was another few mumbled words which I think were meant to be a thank you before the line went dead. "Odd." I whispered aloud to myself.

The paperwork was almost impossible to fully clean up. Maybe it was my impatience to see exactly what it was that had Christian so frazzled... but something told me it was the fact that I didn't even know where to begin. Between the edits and re-edits of similar documents, everything looked alike in my eyes.

By the time I made it to Christian's office, I noticed his door was slightly ajar, but his blinds were shut now. I thought about just peaking in, but the well mannered individual I was couldn't have that. Instead I gave the door frame a few knocks.

"Come in." I heard Christian's disgruntled reply.

When his eyes found mine, however, it made me certain that that agitation wasn't meant to be directed my way. Those serious lines that formed between his brows when he furrowed them, eased away, as his face relaxed into an easy smile.