37

So there's only one chapter left after this one, and omfg now I really don't know how to act. If y'all so much as breathe on me incorrectly, I might cry lol.
As always, thank you so much for reading!
You'll get my full sap on the next chapter, no doubt.
And as always,
I love you guys.
xoxo

Christian

"R-Russia?!"

"R-Russia?!"

"It's not as bad as you think." Brad tried to argue, as I sent him the most accurate you must be fucking joking look I could muster. "It's temporary, and it's what I was looking into doing anyways, before this whole thing with Vadik happened." He continued. "I'd be orchestrating business relations between his company and a partnering company, and it's only a few months. I'll still have time to work with Ivanov Corp as well, I'll just be in a different country while doing it."

I stared at Brad incredulously. "I don't like this shit at all."

"Unfortunately, this isn't for you to decide. It's already decided." Brad replied. "And I seriously never thought I'd say this to you Christian, but how about you leave some sacrificing for the rest of us?" He added.

I had to look away, in fear I'd crack a grin and break the severity of this conversation. How dare Brad even think to say that, with all the sacrificing this fucker has done? What I was really doing, was evening the playing field.

"So what am I going to do in the mean time?" I asked. "I can't imagine Mum and Dad will take the news well."

"I don't believe they will either." Brad nodded. "But they'll have to. At least Slav has the leverage now to cancel this ridiculous marriage and we can get on with things. Plus, this internship will no doubt contribute to my work as COO here. All I ask is that you trust me Christian."

I leant back into the plush cushion of this lounge chair, allowing my thoughts to wander. What would getting on even fucking look like?

I thought about Alex and what I was about to ask him, before Brad arrived.

Had I been that ready for marriage?

Or was that all due to some spur of the moment decisions?

I knew that I loved him. I knew that I wanted to ride out whatever was left of this bullshit existence, with him. Most importantly, I knew that there was an entirely free wedding just sitting at our fingertips this evening.

"Hypothetically speaking, how crazy would it be for one to propose marriage to someone, having only known them for a few months?" I asked Brad. His face immediately broke out into a grin. "Hypothetically speaking, Brad. Hypothetically." I reiterated. That part made Brad laugh. "What?" I added.

"Nothing, it's just- this reminds me of the conversation we had a few months ago, when you first brought up Alex. I believe you were asking what me what to do because he had disrespected you in some way. It's absolutely insane how different these two hypothetical situations are."