36

A lil upload before gym time cause my sadistic self left y'all on a wild cliff hanger. Spoiler alert, this has another cliff hanger. Double spoiler, damn near all my chapters do and will, and no one knows what it means but it's provocative. It gets the people going.
(If you understood that last lines reference, well done. Your music choice has my stamp of approval)
Enjoy lovelies!
xoxo

Christian

Brad handed me the now slightly crinkled folders he was holding so desperately onto, as he started to dust off his dirty pants

Brad handed me the now slightly crinkled folders he was holding so desperately onto, as he started to dust off his dirty pants. The carpet had left streaks from when he fumbled.

"What are these?" I asked, flipping open the Manila folders.

Before he could replied, there was someone else who exited the main room. It was Slav.

"Brad!" Slav called, jogging over to us. I appreciated the hustle from both men this evening, but I held my breath in hopes he'd do a better job of sprinting than Brad had. I think it was Brad's large feet, that were his downfall. Quite literally. The shoes he was wearing today had more pointed tip as well, that easily got caught on the carpet as he walked.

"These," Brad gestured to the documents, "are bank records from two conservative accounts linked to Slav's research facility." I glance down at the paperwork again. They were statements on what looked like three different accounts total. "The funds in and out don't match what's recorded on this register here." Brad explained to Slav now, as he pointed to the second folder. "So I did some digging on this private account listed here, that channels back to one of Yakiv's accountants."

Brad flipped through some of the pages I was holding onto, and pointed to the records for a different account. I barely understood any of the shit listed, considering it was all in Ukrainian, but the numeric figures matched what was debited from the conservative accounts, and what was credited to this private account.

"I don't- I don't understand how you got this-" Slav began to ask, but I cut him short. We really didn't have time for a line of questioning right now.

I shut the open folders, and thrust them into Slav's hands. "Go stop this wedding before Yakiv gets any further."

Slav nodded, slipping the folders under his arm before he quickly made his way to the main room. I turned back to Alex and Brad.

"Alex, could you make sure that everything is completed halted? I know the venue might have questions with all these delays, and Roslana would probably like to know what's going on. I need to speak with Brad in private a moment, then I'll join you immediately after." I explained to this man.

Alex looked about as stunned as he probably should've been, all things considered. He was able to put aside that confusion, and give me a firm nod.

"That, I can definitely do." I watched the man I was just mere seconds away from proposing to, follow my father back towards the main room. It killed me to know I couldn't see his initial reaction when he saw the lit up White Lisianthus lining the walls and isle, reflecting against the clear ceiling which opened up to the evening sky.