28

Ugh lovelies
As I write out the final ten or so chapters, it's made me realize just how sad I am to see this story end...
But as always, ya girls got some stuff coming for y'all after this, and I have literally never been more excited about the story I'm starting.
I mean this deadass, I think I'm more hyped than when I started Fight Club. This particular story could be my best piece yet, although I'll let y'all be the judge of that;)
Thank you so much for making it this far, and for trusting my writing with so many books.
I love you guys.
Deadass.
xoxo

Alex

As soon as I locked eyes with Christian, a smile broke across his lips

He and Roslana had been seated at this gorgeously lit table, with a few pieces of cake placed in front of them. It didn't look like Christian had started any tasting yet, but Roslana had. She was about to bring another piece of the red velvet cake to her lips, before she noticed us.

"Hi." She gave me a small wave, setting the fork down. When her eyes landed on Joan, I saw those light eyebrows furrowed just a bit. I was first to speak up.

"I hope you don't mind that I brought an extra hand today. She's an employee for Ivanov Corp, and also a really good friend of mine." I explained to Roslana. "This is Joan. Joan," I turned to my very nervous looking friend, "this is Roslana."

Joan was pretty much doing exactly what I had done the first time I saw Roslana, and every time since then.

She stared. She stared hard.

Roslana stood abruptly, startling pretty much everyone as she walked towards us. She looked every bit as perfect as my memory loved to remind me. Today, she was in a black turtleneck top which was an exact contrast to her light hair. She paired it with some black leather pants that hugged every toned muscle she had. I definitely wasn't straight, but even I was swooning.

The fit was very edgy. It added to the already cold aura she gave off. I didn't know the slightest thing about this woman, but her presence forced me to be intrigued.

We watched as Roslana extended a hand to Joan. Joan hadn't moved, or really even breathed since she laid eyes on this woman... but she managed to pull it somewhat together. When they're hands connected, instead of shaking Joan's, Roslana brought it up to her lips to place a soft kiss there.

"It is my pleasure to meet you, Joan."

With the way Roslana said those words, I could literally feel Joan's knees growing weak.

"I-I-I- y-yes, me- you too." Joan fumbled through whatever that sentence was supposed to be. Roslana held Joan's hand in her own for just a little longer, before finally letting go.

"Please, do join. Christian has been busy, so it would be good to get second perspective." Her accent just added to that evident beauty.

Christian did look busy. In fact, he looked really fucking busy. As we took a seat, I noticed a notepad next to him filled with his hasty chicken scratch handwriting I loathed so much, to struggle through everyday. Before I could think of something to continue the conversation, Christian beat me to it.