Chapter 18 - Sara Parker

14 Years Ago

"Mom!" I screamed as the man in yellow raced around her.

"Clarity! Get the baby!" She screamed back. Jake came running down the stairs with baby Sara in his arms.

"I got her! Clarity, run. Take Sara and run," He told me. I shook my head in protest.

"I'm not leaving Mom and Dad!" I shouted. Jake started to grab my arm when suddenly I was 20 blocks away from the house.

"Mom! Dad! Jake! Sara!" I screamed, tears streaming down my face. As I ran back towards the house I could see the faint flashing of lights from police cars. I watched as they wheeled the two body bags holding parents in ambulances. Jake sat on the curb, crying.

"Jake? Where's Sara?" I asked. The look on his face gave me the answer.

"No," I whispered, "no. She can't be. She's just a baby!" I cried. I fell to my knees as Jake got up and walked away. I sat there and sobbed my heart out, knowing Jake won't take me in.

Now

Clarity's POV

"S-Sara?" I whispered. She nodded. I dropped my purse and threw my arms around her neck, crying. I pulled her closer to me.

"I thought you died. Jake told me you died. He told me you were murdered by the man who murdered our parents. H-how?" I asked as I studied her every feature. She smiled before speaking.

"I-I don't know. I've spent my whole life searching for some type of family. I was told my parents were dead, but they never told me how they died. And they said that I had no siblings in Starling," She replied. I frowned.

"Sara, Jake lives in Starling City. I lived in Starling City for a few months after I came back from living in Florida. I was in Foster care for 14 years of my life. Why would they tell you that?" I asked her. She just shrugged. I sighed, ran a hand through my hair, and unlocked the front door.

I gestured for Sara to come in. She accepted. She walked in and plopped down on the couch.

"Wait a minute. You're 15. How exactly did you get here?" I asked her. She smiled sheepishly and laughed nervously.

"You ran?" I shrieked. My icy blue eyes widened in disbelief. She stood up.

"So did you! You ran plenty of times!" I threw my hands up in the air and let them fall to my sides.

"Sara, I was trying to get back to Central City! They knew where I was going! Do they know that you've been looking for me?" I questioned. Her gaze fell to the floor as she shook her head. I sighed and texted Felicity, asking for the Orphanage address in Starling City. There's only one or two still open after the undertaking. After I got the one that had Sara Parker registered, I turned off my phone and turned towards Sara.

"You're not taking me back, are you?" She whispered. I shook my head.

"I'm old enough to take care of you. I'll go down there, claim you as my sister, adopt you, whatever is needed; then you can live with me. I need to call them tomorrow. Just, just take my bed. I have to go to work and do some late work."

"Clarity, why were you crying when you came home?" Sara asked me. I forgot about that completely. I opened my mouth to respond when pounding on my front door cut me off. I walked over to the door and threw it open, greeted by the sight of an angry Iris and then Eddie.

"What were you thinking? Not even giving him a chance? He's Barry Allen for God's sake! You've been in love with him since you were 5!" Iris yelled. Sara stood up and looked at her with wide eyes while Eddie stood there, trying not to laugh.