Chapter 2 - We're Suspicious

Hey guys! So I felt bad about leaving you with that one, short, first chapter. I know it's Monday and I have no story updates on Monday but I decided to make an exception. I also want more views. Sue me. Anyways, here's chapter two!

~8~

We were walking when Barry's phone rang.

"Hello?...I'm on my way." He said. He hung up and sped off at lightning speed.

"I'm not the only one," I whispered.

Clarity's POV
I watched the Streak speed down the road.

"Barry Allen, what the hell happened to us?" I whispered.

"Clarity?" I heard Joe ask. I whipped my head around to see him.

"What did you just see?" He asked me.

"Nothing. Barry just...disappeared. Now I don't know where my apartment is," I lied. He nodded.

"Come on. I'll give you a ride home since I know where it is," He told me. I nodded and followed him to his car.

"Barry seems happy that you're back," He tried making conversation.

"Yeah. I'm glad I actually know someone," I laughed.

~8~

Barry's POV

"Barry, why does this say you got a new partner?" Caitlin asked me.

"Because I did. Her name is Clarity Parker. She was my best friend when I was a kid," I told them.

"Okay, can she keep secrets? Because she might've just seen you use your speed," Cisco told me.

"What?" I asked. Then I realized she was next to me.

"She was standing right next to me," I said and ran a hand through my hair.

"Wait, she doesn't always see things. We can just say she imagined it. I mean, she is obsessed with the Flash," I pointed out.

"Better hope it works," Caitlin told me.

~8~

When I got to work I saw Clarity was already there.

"Morning Clarity," I smiled and took a sip of my coffee. She just kept working on the case.

"Clarity?" I asked.

"I don't want to talk to you, Allen. You ditched me yesterday and Joe had to take me home," She said as she read through the file. I noticed the pile of cases.

"You finished all of these?" I asked her. She nodded.

"You're welcome. Go ahead and run off again." She looked up at me.

"I'm fine."

"I brought you a coffee," I said.

"I don't drink coffee. Remember? It makes me sneeze," She replied.

"Right, I forgot," I told her awkwardly and sat down.

"Can I help you?" She asked me.

"How can I make it up to you?" I asked her.

"It doesn't matter, Barry. I still feel bad," She replied.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because, after I left, you got bullied more. It was because of me leaving. Everytime I look at you I see the little boy who got beat up because he couldn't run fast enough." She frowned.

"You'd be surprised at how fast I run now," I laughed. Her phone started beeping and she got up.

"Gotta go. Catch ya later," She told me and ran out.

~8~

Clarity's POV

I put on my purple hoodie and sped over to the alleyway where I got the alert.

"Give me your money!" The guy holding the gun yelled at the teenage girl.

"Well that's not nice," I said.

"Who are you?" He asked me. I smirked.

"The reason you're in jail," I said.

"What?" He asked. I sped over to him, grabbed his arm, and sped him to the nearest cop. I sped away, took off my hoodie, and walked in the 'office'.

"Where'd you go?" Barry asked me. I opened my mouth to speak but was cut off by Joe running in. He walked up to Barry and whispered something to him.

"That wasn't me," Barry told him.

"Now isn't the time for games, Barry," Joe whispered.

"I've been in here the whole time," He defended.

"Everything okay, Detective West?" I asked. He nodded and walked out.

"That was weird. I have to go," Barry told me and ran out. I watched as he used his speed, causing my hair to fly around me from the wind. I smiled.

"I will find out what you're up to Allen. I promise," I said.

I was at home on my laptop reading Iris's blog on the Streak when someone knocked on my door. I got up and opened it, only to see Dr. Wells. "Can I help you?" I asked Dr. Wells.

"Yes, is Barry here?" He asked me. I shook my head.

"Good. May I come in?" He asked me. I nodded and moved so he could come in.

"I understand that you were in town when the Particle Accelerator was turned on. Am I right?" He asked me.

"Yes, I was also struck by lightning because of it," I snarled.

"So was Barry. Which caused him to receive incredible abilities, which I'm sure you've seen," He explained.

"I don't know what you're talking about," I lied smoothly.

"Barry talks about you a lot, Miss Parker. He also told me how good of a liar you are. Are you lying to me?" He asked me. I rolled my eyes.

"No, I am not lying to you, Dr. Wells," I replied. He nodded.

"Were you in a coma after you got struck by the lightning?" He asked me.

"9 months," I said.

"So was Barry. Oh and I will be back, Miss Parker." And with that he left. I stood there, staring at the door in shock. How does he know so much? I saw a red streak when Barry ran, mine is purple. I looked around my apartment and noticed how much of a mess it is. I quickly cleaned it up using my speed.

"There," I smiled and put my hands on my hips.

~8~

I woke up to the blaring sound of my alarm clock. I rolled on my side and looked at the time, 6:50.

"CRAP! I'M LATE!" I shrieked. Using my speed, I got ready and sped to work. When I sped in the office I saw Barry so I stopped abruptly, causing all of the papers to fly around. Barry looked up as he tried catching all of them.

"That was a gust of wind," I laughed nervously.

"You should really close the windows," I told him.

"They're closed," He replied as he looked around. I just slid in my seat and turned on my laptop.

I went on the Streak's website. I was reading it when two pictures caught my eye.

"Barry? Are you sure there's only one streak?" I asked.

"Yeah. Why?" He asked me. I moved so he could see my laptop. Iris knows there's another.

~8~

What'd you think? I know, I know. It's pretty boring now. I hope it gets better. I don't know what you guys are like so I don't know if you like it or note. Please comment, vote, and follow. Thanks! ~Kay