Chapter 21- Flashbacks and Mysteries

Trigger Warning at the end of the chapter

****

Clarity's POV

I walked into S.T.A.R. Labs while looking down at my phone. "Hello, Clarity," someone said. I screamed a little and jumped throwing my phone up in the air. I sped over to it and caught it right before it hit the ground. I looked towards the sound of the voice and saw Hartley. My eyes widened in shock.

"Dr. Wells!" I yelled. I'm sure he can hear me from his little secret room. Barry sped in the cortex.

"I heard you yell. What happened?" Barry asked. I pointed to Hartley.

"Why is that douche in here?" I yelled. Hartley smirked.

"Well that's no way to treat your ex, Clar," he said. His voice sent shivers up my spine. Barry raised an eyebrow.

"Ex?" he questioned. I walked up to Hartley and slapped him across the face.

"I don't know what I ever saw in you," I hissed. He smirked.

"What everyone else saw, of course," he replied. I snorted.

"You mean a dick? Yeah, totally. I can't wait to see your ass in the pipeline," I said. Dr. Wells wheeled in the cortex.

"You screamed, Miss Parker?" he asked. Cisco walked over to me.

"I'll take dick head to the pipeline," he told me. I nodded and took a few deep breaths, willing myself not to punch anyone or anything. Including Barry and Dr. Wells. I closed my eyes before opening them to look at Dr. Wells.

****

As I walked to the precinct, my mind was racing with questions. Why is he pretending to not be able to walk if he can run at lightning speed? More importantly, does he have anything to do with my parents' deaths? I walked in the lab and saw Joe staring at the computer screen. "Can I help you, Detective?" I asked as I set my leather jacket on the chair. Joe looked up from the computer after clicking out the screen. "Do I want to know what you were doing?" I asked as I pointed to the computer. He shook his head.

"No. But I do need to talk to you. How much do you trust Dr. Wells?" he asked.

"Not as much as I've used to. Why? Do you know something about Dr. Secrets?" I questioned while crossing my arms over my chest. My ponytail stuck to the back of my neck and my white tanktop. He shrugged.

"No. It's just that-wait. What did you say?" he asked, just processing my words. I froze and stared at him. "Clarity, what do you know?" he asked me. I sighed and let my arms fall to my sides.

"All I know is that Wells is hiding something. Something big," I lied. Joe nodded.

"I also get that feeling. What do you think it is?" I shrugged. I hate lying to him.

"Who knows? We just have to wait it out," I replied. Just then my phone went off. It was a text from Dr. Wells. "Speaking of Dr. Secrets. I have to go. See ya later, Joe," I said and ran out of the precinct. I skidded to halt when I reached the cortex, causing papers to blow around.

"You texted?" I asked as I walked over to Wells. He nodded. I noticed that no one else was here. It was just here.

"I would like to talk to you about yesterday," he told me. It snapped me out of my thoughts.

"What about it?" I asked. He rolled his eyes and wheeled closer to me, standing up from his chair. My eyes widened in shock.

"I know you know, Clarity. But you can't tell anyone," he whispered, sending shivers down my spine. I nodded and gulped. "I can also tell you who two of the blurs were during your parents' murder," he said. I looked him in the eyes.