Chapter 11 - Clarity Wait Up!

Barry's POV

I just stood there, staring at the doorway that Clarity walked out of. "Barry?" Caitlin asked.

"Does she really feel that way?" I asked no one in particular.

"Clarity admitted her crush on you to us the day you asked her who she liked. We've known all along," Cisco told me.

"And you didn't bother telling me?" I asked.

"Barry, if you two date-" I cut Dr. Wells off.

"What Oliver said was true. Guys like us don't get the girl," I mumbled and walked out, chasing after Clarity.

"Clarity wait up!" I yelled as I ran after her.

"I don't want to talk to you, Barry," She replied. I grabbed her arm and spun her around to look at me.

"Let go of me, Barry," She said as she struggled to get out of my grasp.

"Clarity, just listen," I said.

"I don't want to listen. I didn't ask for this life. I didn't ask to get put in the system. I didn't ask to meet you and die inside because you love Iris, not me," She snarled, tears forming in her eyes. Joe stopped when he saw us.

"I came to check up on you, Clarity. What did I just walk into?" He asked.

"Nothing," Clarity said as she looked me in the eyes and walked away.

"What the hell did you do to that girl?" Joe asked me.

"I have no idea," I replied. I broke her heart.

Clarity's POV

I sped out of S.T.A.R. Labs and stopped when I reached Jitters. "Hey Clarity," Iris smiled. I waved a little, bought a water bottle, and sat down. I drummed my fingers on the table as I scrolled through my Instagram feed. I heard the bell above the door jingle but ignored it since Jitters is pretty popular. I saw someone sit down in front of me.

"I told you Barry-" I looked up and saw Joe.

"You're not Barry," I said awkwardly. I clicked the top button of my phone, turning it off and setting it on the table in front of me.

"I wanna talk to you, Parker," He told me.

"I'm fine I don't need-"

"Clarity you're at a coffee shop drinking water and on Instagram looking at crushes pages. You're not okay. The last time you did that, if I remember correctly, was in the 6th grade when a guy you liked turned you down. You just stuck to liking Barry. Now talk," He told me.

"Alright. Geez. You are just like your daughter," I mumbled.

"I was just a little hurt at how he likes Iris and not me. Also, there's no way we can date because of the work we both do. I just need time to let the fact sink in that Barry and I could never happen." I shrugged.

"You mean Clarry or Barity?" He asked me.

"What?" I asked in confusion.

"Iris has been coming up with ship names. She has Carry, Clarry, Barity, and Blarity. She keeps asking which one I like. To be honest, they all sound stupid," He laughed.

"Totally agree," I replied.

"Clarry," Iris said as she walked past our table.

"I take that back. Your daughter is not like you when it comes to romance," I groaned and hit my head on the table.

"Ow," I said and looked up to see Joe trying to stifle a laugh but epicly failing.

Someone sat down next to me and I saw Barry. "Leave," I told him.

"Clarity-"

"I swear if you don't leave me alone you won't live to see another day. I promise you that and you know I keep my-" I was cut off my Barry planting his lips on mine. When we pulled away I smacked his arm.

"You've gotta stop doing that," I told him. I saw Iris silently laugh out of the corner of my eye. I couldn't help but smile a little.

As she walked past us she said, "Blarity." I rolled my eyes and got up, Barry following close behind.

****

When we reached my apartment I let Barry in then shut the door. "Wanna watch a movie?" He asked me.

"I don't have any movies," I admitted.

"Wow. That's sad. We could always go to S.T.A.R. Labs and watch a movie. Caitlin told me they have a few," He replied.

"Sure. Race ya." I smirked.

"You're on," He replied. I took off, leaving him behind me.

"I won." I smiled and did a little dance.

"Don't do that," He told me. I rolled my eyes and followed him into the main Lab where Dr. Wells, Caitlin, and Cisco are.

****

Double Early Update Anyone?