Chapter 7 - Tell Me the Truth

When I walked into S.T.A.R. Labs Cisco jogged over to me.

"Cisco, I can't work with him, you know that," I told him.

"Can't work with who?" We heard someone ask. We both looked up and saw Joe.

"I-I-I-" Using my speed I sped out of S.T.A.R. Lab, leaving a purple streak of electricity behind me.

~8~

When I made it to my apartment my phone was blowing up with texts from Joe and Cisco. Cisco called me and I answered.

"H-hello?" I stuttered.

"Get your ass over here, Parker!" Joe yelled.

"Sorry, Joe. I'm busy. Gonna call you back. Bye!" I said.

"Don't you-" He was cut off by me hitting the end button. Suddenly someone knocked on my door, earning a small scream escaping my throat and a jump. I looked through the peephole and saw Barry...and Joe. I looked around for a fast exit. Oh who am I kidding? I'm the fastest woman to ever live.

"Clarity I know you're in there, open up," Barry told me. My hand hovered over the doorknob. I cracked open the door a little.

~8~

Barry's POV

"And you're sure she's the purple streak?" I asked Joe as we walked up to her door. He nodded.

"I saw her use her speed, Barry," He replied, for the millionth time in 10 minutes. I knocked on the door, hearing her scream a little.

"Clarity I know you're in there, open up," I told her. A few seconds later the door cracked open. We opened it all the way and saw the apartment was empty.

"Where is she?" Joe asked me. I walked over to the open window with the deep purple curtains flying from the gust of wind.

"My guess, hiding out in S.T.A.R. Labs," I told him.

~8~

We walked into S.T.A.R. Labs and saw Cisco and Caitlin look up.

"Have you seen Clarity?" I asked them. They shook their heads.

"Last I saw she ran," Cisco replied. I sighed and ran a hand through my hair.

"Where could she be?" Joe asked. We heard something fall and shatter in the training room where the treadmill is. We all exchanged glances and walked over to the glass. I looked inside.

"No one's in ther,." I told them.

"Something probably just got knocked over by Dr. Wells." Caitlin shrugged.

~8~

Clarity's POV

I hid right beneath the window in the training room, listening to them talk about finding me. My foot hit a glass jar, causing it to fall and break. They all turned their heads over here. My breath hitched in my throat as they looked in the window.

"No one's in there," I heard Barry tell them. Caitlin said something that I couldn't make out. They all walked away into another room and I sped out of the building, causing papers to fly around. To be honest, I don't really care.

I stopped at a beach I've loved since I was a kid. I sat down on some rocks hidden behind bushes and watched as the waves crashed against the rocks, then fell back down as the wind whipped my hair around my face. I listened to the, surprisingly, silent beach, the only sound filling my ears was the sound of the blue and white waves. I felt a strange gust of wind so I jumped up, getting in a fighting stance. He put his hands up in surrender. "I just wanna talk," Barry told me. I backed up a little.

"Clarity, are you the purple streak?" He asked me. I shook my head. He took two steps forward, I took two steps back.

"Don't lie to me, Clar," He said.

"I'm not," I lied. He stepped forward again. I stepped back but since I was at the edge of the rocks, I slipped and fell in the water.

As I plunged into the cold water I heard someone jump in after me. Barry pulled me up.

"I can swim dumbass," I snarled.

"Yeah? Well last time you were in water you almost drowned," He replied.

"I've lived in Florida since 7th grade. I know how to swim," I told him as I tried to swim away. He grabbed my arm and pulled me back.

"Clarity. Are you the purple streak? You don't have to lie to me," He said.

"Barry, now is not the time," I whispered.

"Clarity, I won't look at you differently." He replied.

"That's what they all say," I replied.

"What do you mean 'all'?" He asked me. I shook my head and sped off, leaving Barry in the water.