Chapter 20- The Parker's Reunion

Clarity's POV

Doctors and nurses rushed in, trying to bring Jake back. They ushered the 6 of us out of the room, Chance clutching Heather's hand while Andi was in my arms. Felicity watched in fear as they tried to jump start Jake's heart. I cannot lose my brother. Andi and Chance cannot lose their father. We can't afford to lose Jake. Oliver's phone rang, gaining his attention. "Duty calls. I'll check up on you later, Clar. I'll send Kat here," he told me, kissed my head, and ran out with Felicity. I took the kids to the cafeteria, not knowing any news about my older brother.

"I'll get you guys whatever you want. Just name it," I told them. Chance looked up at me with his big brown eyes. They were filled with tears.

"Can you make Daddy better?" he asked, his lower lip quivering. He quickly wiped away his tears, not wanting Andi to see. Andi looks up to him. He's her older brother. I crouched down to their level and looked Chance in the eyes.

"I may be a superhero to some people, but I'm afraid I have no way of doing that. Hopefully he pulls through," I told him. Andi and Chance ran into my arms, burying their heads in my chest. Kat ran in the cafeteria, her icy blue eyes landing on me.

"Clarity. Are you okay? What's going on? Ollie just told me to get here," she asked. She then noticed the kids in my arms. "No. What happened to Jake?" Kat asked. Jake was always like a brother to her.

"The man in yellow. The Reverse Flash. He tried to kill Jake. And he may have succeeded," I replied. Her eyes widened as her expression turned from worry to full on rage. One of Jake's doctors came over to us with a sad look in his eyes. I shook my head.

"No. He can't be. Please, tell me I'm wrong," I said. He looked to the ground.

"I'm afraid I'd be lying to you then. We tried everything we could to save your brother, Ms. Parker. I am so sorry," he said and walked away. Chance and Andi looked to Kat and I.

"What does that mean?" Andi asked me. Her eyes were big and red from crying. I couldn't bring myself to tell them. I just couldn't. Kat cut in.

"It means that your dad passed away. They couldn't save him, Andi. I'm so sorry," she told her while taking the twins from my arms. They're only 6. They shouldn't have to lose their father this young. I sat in the chair, staring at nothing. I heard Heather approach, but couldn't hear anything she was saying. I can't.

****

As I walked up to the casket, I blocked the tears away. Barry stood next to me in a black suit. Kat, Ollie, Roy, Diggle and Felicity were sitting with Caitlin, Cisco, and Dr. Wells towards the middle. I breathed shaky breaths as I placed the blue rose on Jake's casket. "I'm sorry," I whispered as Barry set his rose on the black casket. I walked away from the casket, the wind blowing my long black dress around. My heels sunk into the ground with every step I took. I took my seat in the front next to Andi and Sara.

"I never got to meet him," Sara cried, tears streaming down her face. No tears escaped from me. I didn't cry at all. "How can you not cry, Clarity? Our brother is dead!" Sara said.

"Sara, crying isn't going to help me. I can't cry. I need to stay strong. If I cry, I'm afraid I won't be able to stop," I said, my voice firm and emotionless. She stared at me in disbelief. I just ignored her. She doesn't have the right to judge me. She has no idea what I went through after our parents died. I stayed in the chair and stared at the casket after everyone left. I couldn't bring myself to leave. I failed him. Barry walked over to me and put a hand on my shoulder. "I wish I could've saved him," I whispered.

"Clar, there's no way you could've saved him," he told me.

"It should've been me. The Reverse Flash is after us. Why would he kill Jake?" I whispered. My eyes kept staring at the dreaded casket. Barry picked me up and sped me back to S.T.A.R. Labs. Barry had set me down but I kept my head buried in his chest, the tears finally flowing. I'm sure everyone watched as I cried, but I don't care. They've never seen me cry before. Heck, even Barry's never seen me cry.

"Clar?" Barry asked.

"Hm?" He stroked my hair as I kept my head on his chest.

"You know, I've never seen you cry before. Ever," he said. I nodded and sniffled a little.

"Yeah. Only Jake and my parents have," I whispered and laughed lightly. I guess I ended up falling asleep in his arm because I woke up in my bed. I realized I was in my footie pajamas. Don't judge. I looked over to the alarm clock and saw it was midnight. Realization hit me in that moment. I shot up from the bed, waking Barry in the process.

"Clar, go back to sleep," he muttered. I pushed off the covers and grabbed my phone. He sat up and turned on the lamp. "What are you doing?" he asked me.

"Barry, that wasn't Heather Parker," I said, still typing at my phone.

"Then who was it?" he asked me. I got a response my Felicity. My suspicions were confirmed. I looked over to Barry.

"I need to check on Sara," I told him and bolted to Sara's room. I threw open the door and turned on the lamp, greeted by the sight of a sleeping Sara. I breathed a sigh of relief and turned off the lamp before going back to my bedroom.

"What's going on?" Barry asked. I sighed and fell back on the bed. Barry wrapped his arms around me. "What happened?" he whispered. I shook my head.

"She killed my brother. That wasn't Heather Parker. That was a woman from the League of Assassins. She was after Jake," I replied. Barry gave me a confused look. "My brother was in the League, I guess. But what about the kids, Barry? What about Chance and Andi? What if she harmed them, or worse?" I whispered. Tears streamed down my face as my phone beeped. I picked it up and saw a text from Felicity. "Felicity says the kids are safe with the real Heather. It wasn't the Reverse Flash that killed him. It was the League," I told him.

****

A Few Days Later...

Barry's POV

I watched Clarity as she played with the food on her plate. Joe and Iris also watched her in pity. "You guys can stop staring at me. I'm fine," she muttered. Iris frowned and put her hand on Clarity's arm.

"Clarity, it's okay to grieve, but you have to eat," she told her. She seriously has to eat or she'll pass out. Joe looked to me and nodded, saying to take her to S.T.A.R. Labs. I cleared my throat.

"I'm gonna take Clarity home," I announced and picked her up. I walked out of the house, out of Iris' sight before speeding to S.T.A.R. Labs, grabbing Big Belly Burger on the way. I set Clarity in a chair and handed her the burger. She shook her head. "Clar, you have to eat. This is gonna sound selfish, but Central City needs us. It'll be hard going back to doing this job alone. We can't have you pass out. Sara needs you to be strong. Come on, eat," I told her. She shook her head as her phone rang. I sighed. She grabbed her phone and answered the call.

"Hello?" she muttered. She nodded. "Yeah. Yeah, you can sleep over. Bye, Sara," she said and hung up. I shook my head and placed the box containing the burger in her hands before standing up and speeding back to Joe's.

"How is she?" Joe asked as I walked in. I shook my head.

"She's still not eating. She needs to eat, Joe. We can't have her passing out," I replied.

****

Clarity's POV

I was walking out of S.T.A.R. Labs when I heard the sound of Dr. Wells' voice. "Thank you, Gideon," he said. Who's Gideon? I walked closer, making sure my boots don't make any noise. I watched as he sped a short distance with speed that was like mine and Barry's. My eyes widened in shock. He shook his head and sat back down in his wheelchair and wheeled himself out. I snuck in the frame of the wall here he came from right before it closed. I stopped short at the sight of the Reverse Flash suit.

"Clarity Parker," a computerized voice said. I turned around and saw a screen on the wall. I cocked my head to the side in confusion. "I see you've found Dr. Wells' secret. I am Gideon," she said. I nodded and walked up to the screen.

"Don't tell Wells I was in here," I said and sped out of S.T.A.R. Labs, leaving a trail of purple electricity behind me. Dr. Wells is the Reverse Flash. Dr. Wells killed Barry's mother. He killed my parents.