Chapter 9 - Damn You, Barry Allen

Clarity's POV

I walked in S.T.A.R. Labs and saw everyone talking with a worried tone of voice.

"What's going on?" I asked them.

"Plastique is missing," Cisco replied. I looked to Barry.

"Bomb girl," He said simply. I nodded and watched as Barry sped away and came back, wearing the suit.

"Where are you going?" I asked him.

"To stop her from killing them," He replied.

"You're not going alone," I replied.

"Yes, he is," Caitlin told me.

"Why can't I go?" I whined.

"Because if, god forbid, something happened to Barry you're all Central City will have left," She explained. I looked to Barry.

"I agree with Caitlin," He told me.

"What if you don't make it back?" I asked him with a worried tone.

"I will," He assured me with a small smile. He turned to speed out when I grabbed his arm.

"I need to tell you something. Just in case you don't make it back," I said.

"You can tell me when I get back," he replied.

"Barry-" I was about to tell him when he sped out, leaving me standing there with my hair blowing around my face.

~8~

"How fast do I need to run to run on water?" I heard Barry ask. I ran over to the computers and stood behind Cisco. He did the calculations and told him. I didn't hear it because I was too busy watching the screen with Barry's vitals.

"Stop worrying, Clarity," Caitlin told me.

"I can't," I whispered.

"Were you gonna tell him you like him?" Cisco asked. I nodded in reply. We saw the explosion go off, but no sign from Barry.

"Barry?" I asked.

"Barry?" Caitlin asked into the mic.

"Can you hear us?" Cisco asked.

"Barry?" I cried.

I felt a gust of wind and whipped my head around to see Barry standing in his suit. I walked over to him and slapped him in the face.

"Don't ever scare me like that again!" I yelled. He pulled me into a hug and muttered an,

"I'm Sorry, Clar."

"You scared me to death," I whispered. He stroked my hair.

"I didn't mean to scare you," He told me.

"Damn you, Barry Allen. Damn you," I whispered with tears in my eyes.

Before I knew it he planted his lips on mine. He rested his forehead on mine.

"Sorry," He whispered.