Chapter 16 - If I Lose Myself

CHAPTER 16! Early update since I will be camping Sunday. READ IT! I'm hyper. I just had two GS cookie booths and McDonalds. But seriously, read it.

****

Barry's POV

I sat on Joe's couch and stared at the wall with only one thing on my mind: Clarity Parker. I screwed up so badly with that relationship. Sure, I still like Iris but I like Clarity, too. "Barry? Are you gonna sit there and sulk all day or tell me why she broke up with you?" Iris asked me.

"Sulk," I replied and pulled my knees up to my chest like a 5 year old. She sighed and sat down next to me.

"Why'd Clarity dump you? I know it has to be a good reason if she broke up with the boy she's had a crush on since she laid eyes on you," Iris told me. I shook my head and averted my stare to the black TV screen. Iris sighed again and left me staring at the TV screen.

"Come on Barry, we have to get to work," Joe told me.

"Clarity's gonna be there," I replied.

"No she's not. She already called in sick. Now let's go before we're both late," He told me. I nodded, grabbed my bag, and followed him out the door.

****

Clarity's POV

As I walked down the streets of Central City I took in my surroundings. I usually just run straight through with my speed but I just need to walk. Walk. Walk. Walk. That word sounds so...strange. I don't walk very much anymore. I kept walking, dodging people that aren't watching where they're going. When I made it back to my apartment I unlocked the door and stepped inside. The first thing I noticed is a picture of Barry and I on our first date. It sits by the front door on the counter. I picked up the photo and it's frame and threw it in a drawer, the junk drawer. I tossed my keys on the counter and walked to my room. I laid down on the bed and sighed, trying not to cry. That's all I've been doing lately while Barry's probably out partying. I seriously wish I can get drunk right now.

I picked up my phone and unlocked it, my fingers finding their way to messages. I clicked on 'Barry <3' and scrolled to the very top of the messages, when I first texted him. "Oh please tell me you aren't reading his texts," I heard the familiar voice say. I looked up and saw the Purple Arrow.

Also known as, "Kat!" I squealed and hopped off of my bed. She laughed and set her bow down. I threw my arms around her.

"What are you doing in Central City?" I asked her.

"Checking up on my cousin," she smiled. Katherine Parker, everyone. Starling City's very own Purple Arrow working side by side with the Arrow.

"So, how'd you know where I live?" I asked awkwardly. She laughed her signature laugh that gets every guy on the spot.

"Felicity," we both said and laughed. I patted the spot on the bed next to me and she sat down, pulling the purple hood off her head.

"A break up? With the Flash? That can't be good considering you two work together as vigilantes and forensic scientist." She cringed. I nodded and looked at her bow.

"Yes, you can pick it up," she told me. I dashed over to the purple bow and held it in my hands. I then pretended to shoot an arrow at her.

"Remind me to never let you around arrows," she said and picked up the bow.

"Oh Kit Kat. I'm the one who taught you when we were kids," I replied and shook my head. She quickly changed out of her Purple Arrow outfit and walked out of the bathroom.

"We need to go drinking," she smiled.

"Kat, alcohol doesn't affect me. My metabolism burns it too-" She cut me off.

"I know the science crap. I mean drinking like when we were kids. Milkshakes," she smirked. I grinned, grabbed my keys and wallet, and we raced out the door to the closest diner.

"You can't drown yourself in milkshakes," I heard someone say as we passed a table. Kat looks almost exactly like me. The only difference is the side of our head the streaks are on. Mine is on the right while hers in on the left. She also always wears blood red lipstick. Other than that we have the same taste in well, everything.

"I got us the best milkshakes ever, gingerbread." She grinned. I took the tall glass and started drinking it.

"Clarity's here? Iris you told me she would be at her place," someone whined, catching our attention. Kat's eyes widened when she saw him.

"Is that Barry Allen?" she whispered. I turned around and practically choked on my milkshake.

"Barry? Iris?" I asked. Iris' eyes widened when she saw Kat sitting across from me. Barry turned away from us and continued to suck down his...holy crap! Sixth milkshake?

"Six large milkshakes? Wow you guys really do need to eat a lot," Kat laughed. I nodded and turned back around, slurping down my gingerbread milkshake.

"So why'd you two split?" Kat asked out of nowhere. I sighed, knowing I'd have to tell her sometime.

"I think he still has a crush on Iris. So, how are you and Oliver?" I asked her, averting the subject of Barry and I. Her face fell and she looked to the table.

"We're not thing. He likes Felicity. It kinda sucks but I see him as an older brother. Now, off of depressing relationships. How's being a vigilante?" She whispered. I see Oliver as that boy that's like an older brother but also a best friend that you have a crush on.

"I could as the same thing," I laughed. It kinda sucks how Kat's better because she's a normal human with a bow and arrows while I have inhuman speed. Her relationship also lasted while mine, well, poof! Suddenly Kat's phone went off. When she looked at it her face fell again.

"I need to go. Roy needs me for 'work'. I'll talk to you later, cous. Be careful!" she called out as she ran out of the diner. I waved and sighed. I'm alone with Iris and Barry because everyone else left.

"Barry, they're closing soon," Iris said.

"But the milkshakes are so good," he whined. I set Kat's untouched milkshake in front of him. He looked up when he saw me. I saw the look in his eyes. Like he doesn't know whether to thank me or ignore me.

"We can't ignore each other forever, Barry. We work together and like it or not, we have to figure this out. Kat didn't touch her milkshake," I told him and started walking out. I stopped and turned to look at him.

"Text me when you have your final decision. We can't live like this forever," I added and sped out, leaving a purple streak behind me.

****

Katherine Parker is my character from my fanfiction 'Became the Purple Arrow'. The fanfiction hasn't gotten as far as mentioning Clarity but they will intertwine. Think of it like these fanfictions are their own shows but include crossovers from 'Arrow' and 'The Flash'