Chapter 5 - The Party

Double update anyone?

~8~

Clarity's POV

"LET ME GO!" I yelled as I struggled to get out of his grasp.

"No." He smirked.

"Dammit! Let me go!" I yelled.

"You are coming to the party, Clar," Barry told me.

"I hate parties!" I replied as I kept struggling.

"Plus, I don't even have a dress," I smirked. Barry sped away and came back with a purple dress covered in white polka dots and a pair of black heels.

"How do you know it's my size?" I asked him.

"Because I know." He smiled. My smirk fell as I looked at the size. Yep, that's my size.

~8~

When we arrived at the party I frowned.

"You used to whine about how you never got invited to a party," Barry told me.

"I was in elementary school and middle school. Now I can't stand dresses and parties. Or skirts," I whined.

"Come on. It's kinda for us anyways," He told me.

"Yeah, cops. Why'd I take this job?" I asked as I walked in.

"BARRY! CLARITY! You made it!" Iris exclaimed as she hugged me.

"Yeah. Unfortunately." I frowned.

"Don't be such a party pooper, Clar," Barry said and wrapped his arm around my shoulders. I felt myself blush a little.

"Why don't the four of us go dance?" Iris asked.

"Four?" I asked.

"Hey Iris," Eddie smiled as he gave Iris a peck on the lips.

"Four. No thank you," I turned away and started walking when Barry grabbed my arm and dragged me on the dance floor.

"Barry, I don't dance," I said.

"Sure you don't," He laughed. Right when he finished his sentence a slow song came on. He looked at me and smiled.

"No," I told him and started walking off.

"You know you want to," He smirked.

"No, I don't," I replied with my arms crossed over my chest.

"Yes you do," He replied. He kept pestering me.

"Fine! I'll dance with you!" I gave in.

He put his hands on my waist and I wrapped my arms around his neck. I saw Iris give me a thumbs up. She was the only who knew I like Barry. I rolled my eyes and smiled a little.

"See? You are enjoying yourself." Barry smirked.

"Shut up," I mumbled. He chuckled and the song ended.

I walked out of the building and started to walk home.

"Clarity, where are you going?" Barry asked as he jogged up to me.

"Home," I replied.

"Why?" He asked me.

"I don't like parties," I said simply.

"Come on, Clar. We don't have to dance anymore," He told me. He grabbed my arm. Before I knew it he was leaning in. Our lips were about to meet, but we were interrupted by Joe.

"Barry, I need you to look at this case tomo-" Joe stopped talking when he saw me next to Barry.

"Did I interrupt something?" He asked us.

"Nope," We replied in sync. Barry and Joe started talking about the case. I took that as my chance to take off. I sped off, leaving a huge gust of wind and everyone seeing an electric like, purple streak.

Barry's POV

There was a huge gust of wind. I turned around to say something to Clarity but she was gone. I looked ahead and saw the Purple Streak running away from us.

"Where's Clarity?" Joe asked me.

"I have a feeling that the Purple Streak is Clarity."