Chapter 24

Hey, guys. I know it's not Sunday but I was so anxious to upload this! After this chapter there is only one more left. But don't worry. I have a surprise. ;)

****

Clarity's P.O.V.

My eyes were wide with shock as I stared at the man in front of me. "Hey, Kid," he said with a soft smile. Tears stung at the back of my eyes as a smile spread across my face. "You always did look good in purple." I threw my arms around the man that was like a father to me.

"Dad," I breathed. I always had a habit of calling Barry's parents Mom or Dad. He chuckled.

"I've always liked when you called me that, Clar," he told me truthfully. I grinned and removed the mask from my face. My blonde hair fell down in slightly curled waves, cascading down my back. I smiled and released myself from the hug. He turned around and started talking with Barry before Barry sped him to S.T.A.R. Labs, me trailing behind. I plopped down in one of the chairs, spinning around while thoughts clouded my head.

"Never, will we join you, Ra's! And our children never will!" my mother snarled. A man stood up and caressed her cheek.

"Oh, but Clarity, they will. I will make sure of it," he told her, grabbing her face. She scowled and was about to speak some choice words when a little girl caught her eye. "Nyssa, go to your room," the man told the girl. Fear was in her eyes as she stared at the scene. She looked to my mother's stomach and saw that she was pregnant. The little girl fled to her room. "Now, Clarity. What will our kid be?" the man asked softly. My mother's face softened.

"Kids," she corrected. "Twins that you will never get ahold of, Ra's." She stepped back from his grasp. "Or Nyssa will suffer," she threatened before walking out without any complications.

Suddenly the memory/vision changed.

"Her name is Clarity," my mother told my father. He smiled as he looked at the baby girl.

"That's beautiful, Claire," he replied. My mother smiled. That's me as a baby. Little Jacob was standing next to the bed, standing on his toes to look at me. Where's the other twin?

The vision disappeared as it all fell into place. Katherine and I are sisters. Not cousins. But who is Ra's? "Clarity?" Barry asked, waving a hand in front of my face. I looked up and saw the amused smile on his face. "You okay there? You zoned out." I nodded and ran a hand through my hair.

"Y-yeah. Fine. I need some air," I muttered and walked out of the cortex and into the hallway. I slid down the wall and took deep, shaky breaths as I tried to piece everything together. Nyssa. Clarity. Claire. Twins. Ra's. Jacob. Twins. Katherine and I. Al Ghul. Ra's Al Ghul. "Oh my God," I whispered. I clutched my head in my hands just as my phone rang. I set it out in front of me and saw that Katherine was calling. What do I say? Oh hey, Kat. Did you know we're actually twins? Knowing her she probably knows. I let it go to voicemail and waited before listening.

"Hey, Clar. Listen, I'm really sorry for what I'm about to do. But I have to do it to save them. If not, he'll kill them all. I'm so, so, so, so, so sorry. I hope you can forgive me. But always remember this: A man cannot live by two names. Bye, Clarity."

That was the end of the voicemail. What? Sorry for what? He who? Ra's Al Ghul. Nyssa Al Ghul.

"We've been running for 14 years, Clarity. The Demon is after us," she told me. I just laughed.

"What demon, Kat? If it's the Devil I can certainly wave him off. You know I don't believe in God or anything," I told her. Her face was serious. I've never seen Kat serious. She's always been the carefree one. I've been the seriou sone.

"I'm serious, Clar. Watch your back," she warned.

I never thought anything of that message 11 years ago. She had visited me in Florida while she was on summer vacation. I sighed and leaned back against the wall. My life is a mess.

****

I'm sorry it's so short, guys. There's only one chapter left of "IN A FLASH" But don't worry, I have a surprise.

I gotta run!