Chapter 8 - What Barry?

(2 Weeks Later)

Barry's POV

"Clarity? Clarity? Clarity?" I continued saying her name and poking her until she stopped ignoring me.

"Cla-"

"WHAT BARRY?" She yelled as she spun in her swivel chair to face me.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I asked as I looked at the ground.

"Because you don't know everything about me," She mumbled, thinking I couldn't hear it.

"What do you mean?" I tilted my head in confusion. She just sighed, got up, and grabbed her file. She threw it on the desk in front of me.

"Read it. I don't feel like explaining," She told me and sat back down in her chair, writing in a journal.

~8~

She was in the system?

"Yes Barry, I was in the system," She told me.

"I never-"

"You thought out loud. You still do it, just like when we were kids." I saw her avert her gaze when I looked up.

"Can I bring this home and read it?" I asked her.

"Sure," She replied. I smiled and got up. I sped out, but not before I heard Clarity mumble,

"Stalker."

~8~

Clarity's POV

I was writing in my journal when someone threw a paper ball at me.

"What Cisco?" I asked.

"How'd you know?" He asked in shock. I laughed a little.

"Cisco, you're not quiet. Also, Caitlin and Dr. Wells wouldn't throw a paper ball at me," I replied.

"What about Barry?" He smirked.

"He has superpowers. He would do something else," I laughed. I then looked at the desk.

"Like take my file to somewhere else but his house. DAMMIT! Iris has been asking about my past," I let my head fall to the metal table.

"Ow," I mumbled. I heard Cisco chuckle.

~8~

When Caitlin and Cisco left it was just Dr. Wells and I.

"Aren't you gonna go home?" He asked me. I shook my head.

"Do you mind if I stay a little later? I have some work to do and I don't feel like going home just yet," I replied. He nodded.

"Knock yourself out. See you tomorrow," He smiled. I gave him a small smile and he left.

~8~

(The Next Day)

Barry's POV

I walked in S.T.A.R. Labs to see Clarity asleep on a table with a pillow in her arms, not under her head. Caitlin and Cisco walked in and stopped at the sight before them. "She's a heavy sleeper. You can talk," I told them.

"How would you know she's a heavy sleeper?" Caitlin pointed out.

"I...have no idea. Must've been from all the sleep overs she's had with Iris, even though I would be stuck in my room all night," I laughed.

"Yeah, stuck in your room," Cisco laughed.

"She left in 7th grade. I don't think that would've happened."

"Sure." He smirked and sat down. He frowned at his keyboard and paperwork.

"What is it?" Caitlin asked him.

"She's drooling on my keyboard," He whined. I burst out laughing just as Dr. Wells walked in. I took out my phone.

"What are you doing?" Cisco asked me.

"Blackmail," I said simply before I took a few pictures of Clarity sleeping. We clicked a button to activate a loud alarm. Her eyes shot open, and as she fell off of the table, she let out a small scream. She got up and glared at me.

"Damn you, Barry Allen," She snarled as she got up.

"When I said knock yourself out, I didn't actually mean, fall asleep on the table," Dr. Wells told her.

"I know. I was just so tired I was worried I wouldn't make it back to my apartment," She replied as she yawned and stretched.

"Yeah? Well now I have leverage." I smirked and held up my phone. Her eyes widened.

"Barry," She whined. Cisco and I laughed as I put my phone away.