Chapter 4 - You're the What?

"Barry," She said. "What do you want to tell me?" Clarity asked as we walked in my house. I sped around her. "I'm The Streak," I smirked.

~8~

Clarity's POV

"What?" I asked. Okay, I already knew this, hut I had to make it believable.

"I've been wanting to tell someone other than Joe and-" I cut him off.

"Joe knows?" I asked. Okay, that...I did not know. He nodded.

"Dr. Wells, Caitlin, and Cisco are my team. Isn't this great?" He asked me.

"Why didn't you tell me sooner?" I asked as I ran a hand through my hair.

"Because I didn't know how you'd react. I also felt bad for ditching you on your first day on the job," He replied.

"It's fine. Look, I have to go. I'll catch ya later," I told him and walked out. I sped to S.T.A.R. Labs.

"Hey Clarity," Caitlin said as she typed something in on the computer.

"Hi," I replied.

"Hey hottie." Cisco smirked. I stopped and turned to look at him.

"Do you want to be flipped again?" I asked him. He shook his head rapidly.

"Cisco, please don't hit on the metahumans," Wells told him.

"How can we help you Miss Parker?" Dr. Wells asked me.

"Barry just told me everything. The ability, what he does with you guys. But, I don't want to tell him. I don't look at him any differently, but he may look at me differently. What do I do?" I asked him.

"I'm glad to see you came to us for help, Miss Parker, but the only thing you can do, is tell Barry," He advised.

"Yeah. It's like telling someone you like them. It's weird at first then they just get used to it," Caitlin explained.

"I wouldn't know what that's like considering I've never told my crushes I like them. Also because the guy I like, likes someone else." I'm just rambling on and on and on.

"And who is this guy that you like?" Cisco asked me.

"Not you," I replied. Caitlin burst out laughing while Cisco just frowned.

"Do I have to tell him?" I asked Caitlin. She nodded.

"That's the only way. Plus, you'll earn more of his trust," She replied.

"Why would he need more trust from me?" I asked.

"He told us and I quote, 'I don't trust Clarity as much as I used to.' Unquote," Cisco replied. I rolled my eyes.

"So, who is this guy that you like?" Caitlin asked me. I shrugged.

"Why does it matter? He doesn't like me back," I replied.

"Then who does he like?" Cisco asked me as he munched on a cheeto. I sped over to him, grabbed the cheetos, and sped back to my spot.

"If I told you that would give him away," I replied as I popped a cheeto in my mouth.

"Just tell us. It can't be that bad," Cisco pleaded.

"Yes Clarity, please tell us." Barry smirked and crossed his arms over his chest as he leaned against the doorway. Damn! He's hot. I shook my head to snap out of my thoughts.

"Not telling." I smirked.

Cisco looked from me to Barry.

"No way! Seriously?" He asked me. Caitlin caught on.

"I knew it!" She yelled and pointed at me.

"What? Who is it?" Barry asked. I giggled at how lost he is. I gave Cisco and Caitlin a look saying, 'Don't even think about telling him'. They both nodded and started a side conversation. Just then Barry's and I's phones rang.

"Gotta go," Barry said and sped off. I blew my bangs out of my face.

"Aren't you going?" Cisco asked me.

"I have to wait for him to realize he left without me. I can't use my ability in front of him," I replied.

"Right." Barry came speeding in.

"Hop on," He said. I walked over and jumped on his back. "Wow, you're light," He told me and sped off, leaving Cisco's and Caitlin's laughing behind us.

~8~

Barry's POV

When we made it to the crime scene Clarity hopped off of my back.

"We're here," I said as we jogged over to Joe. I looked at the body. I saw Clarity start to investigate it.

"Suicide," She said simply.

"How do you know?" Joe asked her. She sighed and shook her head. She's obviously been through a lot today.

"You don't see a gun, do you?" She asked us. We looked around. She walked over to the railing of the bridge.

"See these scratch marks? That's from the gun falling with a weight on the end of the string. I guarantee that if you search that water you'll find the gun," She explained.

~8~

They did find the gun.

"How did you know that?" I asked Clarity. She shrugged.

"I'm good at observing the things around me," She replied.

"Obviously not good enough if you didn't know about me," I laughed.

"Barry, I knew you're the Streak before you told me," She replied.