Chapter 10 - Avoid at All Costs

Clarity's POV

I walked into S.T.A.R. Labs and everyone stared at me. "What?" I asked. They all just went back to what they were doing.

"Miss Parker, may I talk to you for a minute?" Dr. Wells asked me. I nodded and followed him into the hallway.

"I hope that you're relationship with Barry won't get in the way of your work," He said.

"We're not dating," I smiled.

"Wipe that fake smile off of your face because I know you want to date him. My only concern about that is the relationship getting in the way. Like, how they suggest no one dates each other in law enforcement because they'll put their partner before their duty. I am worried you and Barry will do that," He explained. I frowned because he's right.

"Dr. Wells, we're not dating and we won't. I assure you, nothing will get in the way of work," I told him.

"Are you sure?" he asked me.

"Yes, Dr. Wells. I'm sure," I told him.

"Alright. Now get back to work. Barry can't work alone," He told me.

~8~

(1 Month Later)

Clarity's POV

Barry sped into the 'Arrow Cave' as Cisco calls it, causing everything to fly around. "You're late," Caitlin told him.

"Sorry," He replied as walked over to us. He looked to me and smiled. I just looked up at him.

"Can I help you?" I asked.

"Never mind then," He mumbled and turned to talk to Oliver.

"Oliver, we got him," Felicity said.

"Suit up," Oliver ordered. I walked over to the bag that holds my suit. Oliver put his hand on my arm. "You're not going," He told me. I looked up at him.

"And why not?" I asked.

"Because you're the Purple Flash," He replied.

"Sexist," I snarled.

"I'm not sexist, I'm looking out for you and Central City. If something happens to Barry you are all Central City has left," He told me.

"Now where have I heard that before?" I asked and looked over to Caitlin.

"You know it's true," She defended.

"Fine. I won't go," I put my hands up.

"Good," He said and started walking away. I put my hand in the bag, ready to grab my suit when Oliver said, "Get your hand out of the bag and sit." I sighed in defeat and plopped down next to Felicity.

"Worried?" She asked me.

"How do you not worry about Oliver?" I asked her.

"Because I have faith. Plus, I worry a little. But he does good, so does Barry," She smiled.

"But so do I," I defended.

"Yes, that's true. But both Starling and Central City need the Purple Flash, especially if something were to happen to Barry," She explained.

~8~

When they got back Barry just sat on the stairs.

"What happened between you and red?" Lilah asked Oliver.

"Roy and I are fine," He replied.

"I mean speedy," She said.

"He doesn't approve of the way I work," Oliver told her. I tuned them out and turned to face Caitlin and Felicity.