True Intentions

--Y/n's POV--

Lucas and I  went down the passage together, I walked through the hallway happily. "Ever since this whole thing started, I've kept wondering... Why did Minerva call us to a place like this? You thought about it too, haven't you?" He asks me, I do a 'hm?' before understanding what he meant, "Oh! Yeah! The whole thing being a lie and Minerva is actually one of them? Of course I have. But... He did help us by providing us with those books with Morse code... and the pen... and the shelter... So that was something to keep in mind." I say, He nods in understanding. "Can I ask something about that man?" I ask, "Sure, what is it?" Lucas replies, "Was he always so bitter? He did threaten us with a gun and tried to screw our journey over various times." I ask, slightly sweat dropping at the memories. 

Lucas looked startled before letting out a light laugh, "It's hard for me to picture that guy like that, to be honest." Lucas replies, "So he wasn't grumpy and bitter like that before?" I ask interested, "Not really, he was cheerful and determined before. Really active too, also stubborn." He says, 'He used to be like Emma?!' I mentally exclaimed with my eyes wide open before sweat dropping once again, "That's hard for me to picture... But I think I know someone who is like that. She's really careless and quite an airhead too, even more than I" I tell him, "They are quite similar then, it was almost impossible to change his mind after he had decided something." He says, "Guess he hasn't changed so much on that part then" I comment.

"But, I think you remind him of someone, too" Lucas says, I tilt my head, "Me? Really?" I ask, he nods, "Yeah, one of our comrades. You both have really similar personalities, too." He says and we continue talking for a while before reaching said door. "It's Minerva's owl!" I exclaim, Lucas nods, "It has no key hole though..." He murmurs, "P...E..N... pen..!" I read out loud before reaching for the item in my bag. I take it out and twist it open, the familiar hologram appears in front of me and soon after the door lets out a 'beep' sound.

I look at Lucas and he nods at me, I copy his action before stretching my hand to twist the door knob open. The door opens itself to reveal a room with various monitors in it. "What in the world..?" I murmur, I look at Lucas who looked just as confused as me. I move around the room to look at each monitor, "Temperature... Ventilation... Power.. Plumbing..? The time... and dummy sky projection..? Can the whole park be monitored from here?" I think out loud. "Y/n... this room..." Lucas murmurs but I cut him off by pressing a button on the wall, causing a door to open up. 

"Look!" I exclaim before running toward the lake in front of me as I hear Lucas's footsteps trailing behind me. "A lake..?" Lucas murmurs once again, I tilt my head as I stare at the golden water. "Golden water...a lake... pond... Goldie Pond..!" I gasp and reach for the pen in my bag before open the pen. "This place. This is Goldie Pond!" I say. 'Welcome to Goldie Pond' Was the only thing that appeared on the hologram. "This is where Minerva wanted us to come. Not the hunting park..." I murmur and look at Lucas who seemed in deep thought, then look at the cabin floating in the wat- floating in the water?

"This may be just a guess, but I feel like the cabin floating in the water in front of us might have some answers." I tell him while pointing at the cabin which seems to snap him out of his thoughts. "It's floating?! No... It must be an optical illusion, the depth and translucency of the water are such that they vend the light that way." Lucas replies, "Or the water since I can't seem to touch it." I contradict casually while submerging my hand on the water, not a single drop of water touching my skin. "The water it's self seems harmless...  my hands not wet either..." I murmur.

"Nothing of this makes sense. But we should go to the cabin nonetheless." Lucas tells me, I nod in reply. We carefully step on the lake and begin to walk toward the floating building. As we got closer we got a better look at the cabin before stepping on land. "It really is floating!" I exclaim while jumping a few times to see if the land flinched in the slightest. It didn't. "But how..?" Lucas asks, I move toward the cabin's door and place my hand on the handle before twisting it open. "It's not locked..?" I open the door and see an elevator that looked rather ancient, a carpet, a desk that had a phone on top, and a small table who's top seemed to be something similar to a tablet with various buttons. 

"Is this really..?" I murmur, "It's an elevator...seems to be an older model." Lucas says, "But why would someone place an elevator in a place like this? Besides, this island is not even connected to the ground or roof." I say before a thought hits me. "Do you think this elevator... Is perhaps a source to get to the human world..?" I ask uneasily. "No... no way!" Lucas says letting out a nervous laugh, "Yeah... it's silly! There's no way it could be that easy!" I say while joining the laugh, the atmosphere in the room changes into a light hearted one, "An elevator of all things!" Lucas adds, "Hahaha...ha.." Our laughter slowly dies down and so does the happy atmosphere. 

"It doesn't sound as absurd..." I murmur seriously. "The letter talked about going beyond mere safety... And if Minerva wanted us to come to this exact place, what's the elevator for?" Lucas adds just as seriously. "This may well be the means to cross the border." He says. "Did we really found it..?" I mutter. 'Did we really..? A way to the human world!?' I think.

"We should try it out." Lucas suggests. "It seems to be in order." I comment as we walk toward the small table. "First the power..." Lucas says. "There's a hole! and an owl!" I exclaim while looking at the tablet. "It's Morse code for  'pen' again." I inform. "So you have to insert the pen here, right?" Lucas asks, I nod before inserting the pen on the said spot and twisting it. We begin to hear mechanical noises come from the elevator that startled both of us. "It's moving..!" Lucas murmurs.

'Can we really cross to the human world with this? Will Lucas and Violet and Oliver and Theo be able to escape from here along with the rest of their friends and the children brought here? And Emma with Ray too? And when they do we'll be able to finally rescue Phil along with the other before the two year deadline? Will Phil and I finally go be able to see a train? Please work, please--' I get pulled away from my thoughts  when the elevator makes a 'beep' noise.

"What in the-" I gasp when I see a message pop in the screen, "'Failure'?!" I read out loud as blood drained from my face. "What happened?! Did I insert the pen incorrectly? It was moving befo--" I get interrupted by a loud ring.

Lucas and I turn to look at the phone that was on top of the table ringing loudly, "A telephone?".

(Hi! Quick question, should I do a thanksgiving special? 
Thank you for reading Together Always and stay safe!)