Embrace it

"There, luckily no bones were broken or dislocated, but please speak up if you feel anything wrong. Watch out for your bruises though, don't lift anything heavy either." Zack explained as he finished wrapping her arms in bandages while Anna wrapped some on her forehead. "Alright." She replied with an empty smile, her eyes glued to the ground. 

"Y/n...I—" Anna tried to say but Y/n cut her off. "You've gotten better at wrapping bandages, Anna." Y/n told her, finally looking up from the ground and reaching to hold the blonde's hands. "Zack, do you mind going for Emma and Ray?" He nodded and left the two girls.

"Anna, you're a good girl. You are smart, pretty, kind hearted, the list goes on. I'm kind of jealous to be honest." She told her with a laugh as Anna turned pink before shaking her head, "But you're—" "I don't think we have been talking enough, other than for the drug—we have grown distant, don't you think? I do see you as my little sister after all" Anna suddenly pulled away. "I... yeah. But—" "Have you eaten toda—?" "I... I've thinking, Y/n." Anna interrupted back, looking at Y/n who stared at her wide eyed. 

She laughed, "What do you mean? I don't think I'm following" She said, Anna clenched her fists holding her tears. "Those men, you're thinking of how... how, how you killed them, aren't you? She didn't reply but her expression didn't change. "I'm scared for you, Y/n." She said, clenching her shirt as she made eye contact with the girl.

 "They're playing on loop inside your mind aren't they—" Anna reached to intertwine their hands, "You don't have to be ashamed, nor will we ever be of you. You did it because you are a good person, Y/n! You didn't want any of your family to end up hurt, but with what you're doing, you'll end up destroying yourself..." The blond stopped herself when Y/n let go of her hand and started patting her head instead.

"There there," She said as Anna slowly melted in her arms, "I love you, Y/n! I don't want anything to happen to you, none of us do..-" She said, when she looked up, she saw the girl she was talking to so seriously just a few seconds ago was holding air inside her cheeks, "W-why are you laughing?!" Anna asked as she felt her cheeks heat up with embarrassment.  "I'm sorry, you're just too cute Anna!" She said, pinching her sister's cheeks.

"We're being serious here, Y/n!!" Anna whined as Y/n giggled at her face. "Alright, alright. I'll keep working hard to protect all of you—"

"That's not what I meant—!"

"—please Anna, all I need is for you guys to let me do this for you. Besides, I'm a bit beat up right now so I'd like to rest." She finished, her eyes softening when her hands started to caress the girl's cheek.  Anna knew she was not going to get anywhere else with the girl, so instead of arguing she nodded silently before leaving the passage where they were tending Y/n wounds.

The moment Anna disappeared from Y/n's sight, the (h/c)-ette's reassuring smile fell as her face was covered by her hand. The loud echo of bullets firing in her head playing time and time again as the silhouettes of unknown faces and lives fell like flies in front of her, making her eyes shot open just in time to hear voices coming her way.

"Y/n, how are you feeling?" Asked Emma, nervously looking at the girl's bandages. "Don't worry, Zack said there are no broken bones, only a couple bruises. The bandages look kinda cool though" She replied, "You look like a zombie..." Ray replied crudely, Y/n laughed sheepishly, "A cute one?" He nodded and looked away in embarrassment. 

"Might as well get beat up more often, then!"

 "Y/N!" 

"I'm kidding, I'm kidding!" The two visitors sighed exhaustedly. "How are Alicia and Dominic? What about Chris, has he awakened yet?" She asked, showing the two that she was getting down to business.