Hide and Seek

-Y/n's POV--

"We'll be taking our leave, then." Oliver informs as everyone began to leave the room, 'Lucas..? The walls had that name written on it and, Mister called that name when he had his tantrum back in the shelter...Is this... Really him?!' I think, 'If that's so, then Mister--' I think but cut myself off, "Sir, excuse me, but! A-are you from Glory Bell? Did you came here from B06-32 around 13 years ago along with your comrades? Are you a friend of..!" I ask, "The gear you're wearing... I figured you must've been to B06-32, too." He replies, "Then did you..." "Yes, but I most wanted to know... I'm terrified of asking. It's been over 13 years already... Is that guy still alive?" He asks with a shaky voice.

I smile happily, "Alive and still kicking." I reply, His body starts to shake and he smiles joyfully, "I see... That's great... I'm happy...That's great..!" He exclaims.

"Looking at me must be off-putting, sorry about that." He apologizes sheepishly, "Oh not at all! I can't wait to tell the news to dad!" She says cheerfully, catching Lucas by surprise, "Dad?" He asks curiously, "Yep! I'm mister's self proclaimed adoptive daughter!" She informs proudly, "Do you mind telling me... what happened that time?" She asks, the man nods, "That time, apart from him I was the only one who survived, even I thought I was dead. Just when I thought I was done for, a girl I didn't know... In fact that I had never seen before appeared. That girl told me she had been hiding from the monsters for a long, long time to escape from the monsters... that she had been playing hide-and-seek somewhere they never find her., and they didn't... So I could escape too. All thanks to her. She gave me shelter. I believe the poachers think I escaped along with that guy and I kept to my hiding place in this windmill for 13 years now. I became a guy who wasn't there. The only people who know of my existence are Adam, the other nine kids from before, and you." He explains.

"What happened to the girl who saved you?" "She died five years later out of sickness. After that I often thought of escaping this place alone, even with my disability and without a pen... If I made the effort to reach the shelter, maybe I could see him again, tell him that I'm fine. However, whenever my thoughts went that way, something else came to mind, the bitter resentment of my murdered comrades. The screams of small children, running for their lives without even understanding why, the terror of that girl..." He says. 

"I will put an end to this hunting park. I will never let their deaths go..! So I gathered comrades who felt the same way and taught them their skills, what I knew, I shared everything I had. And besides, there is another reason to stay put in this place. We have to crush this playground, in time for him to come back." He says, "Huh?" Y/n asks. "I found it. Here in A08-63. I found out why Minerva wanted us to come here." He says, "Are you serious?" She asks surprised, he nods, "The place where that girl first took me, turned out to be that place." He tells her before walking toward a brick wall and pushing one of the bricks, causing a passage to open up. "There are hidden tunnels here. It leads from the windmill to the forest. After that, there's a door. It wouldn't budge at all. It needs a key." He tells her, "So you think the pen is..!" She says before reaching for the pen on her bag. "...The pen is the key to opening that door?" She asks excitedly.

"Yes. After 13 years, I'd never think the chance would come up like this. With you here, we can find out what's beyond that door. Let's go, I will take you to Minerva's door." He tells her, she nods and smiles confidently, "Let's find Minerva's true goal!" She says.

(I'm so sorry for the late update...)