haunting and comfort | k. omega

Pairing: Kenny Omega x Darling (fem!oc)

Plot/Prompt: Two friends that have a crush on each other yet unaware watches a horror movie together. What can go wrong?

Genre: Comfort

Warning: Horror movies

Word Count: 1.5k

Author's Note: Again, an old fic

-

A tired but happy Kenny wiped his clammy hands on his sweatpants as he sat back and admired his handiwork.

His day consisted of running around town, to every store open trying to get the best of everything that he needed (“Because she deserves perfection because she is perfection" he thought) to make this moment flawless.

All of her favorite food on the table: Check!

Netflix connected to the tv: Check!

Lights dimmed just enough for top tier horror movie watching experience: Check!

“Yeah, I think everything I need for this movie night is complete” he thought to himself, his hands resting on his hips, a smile on his lips, satisfied with the sight in front of him.

“Now all I need is-“ he was interrupted by a knock on the door as he looked at the clock on the wall, he saw that it was eight o'clock sharp in the evening.
“She's always on time, isn’t she?” he chuckled to himself, jogging to the door.

“Hey Darling!” he greeted his friend enthusiastically, not being able to fight the urge to throw his arms around his friend’s smaller frame into an embrace.

“Hey Ken. Mmm, you're always so warm” she smiled resting her cheek against his chest as she hugged him back, taking time to soak him and his warmth in after 30 minutes of walking in the streets of Katsushika, Tokyo, Japan on a cold October night.

“Come in, you’re shivering a ton, Darling. Did you walk from the hotel to here?” he asked, brows furrowed, a small smile on his face.

“Y-Yeah” she said her arms around her trying to warm herself up.

“Why didn’t you just take a taxi?” he snickered out, much to her dismay.

She frowned before talking.
“You think I didn’t try to? I did! None of them spoke English, not even a bit!” she threw her arms up. “Now I found myself walking to your house in the freezing cold for thirty minutes lugging a suitcase, in nothing but boots, leggings a t-shirt and a parka!” she pulled at her hair, flopping face down on his couch, her suitcase just by the door.

This only made Kenny burst out in laughter.

“Why did you put on something warmer?” he said holding his stomach, aching from laughing.

“It was hot in the hotel, okay? This is my first time in Japan and you didn’t warn me it was like the arctic weather here during October so now I’m having a bad time plus my friend” she made air quotation marks with her fingers at the word friend, still face down on the soft cotton sofa of Kenny’s “-is laughing at me when I’m literally about to be a human popsicle” she finished, her fists coming down on the furniture hard to emphasize her points.

“Oh Darling, I’m sorry” he cooed, rolling her over, so she was face up and lifting her head up so he could sit, then resting it on his lap, flashing her a smile that secretly made her heart skip a beat.

“Yeah, yeah whatever. That's what they all say” she huffed out, arms crossed, absentmindedly scooting closer to her friend’s warmth.

“Okay, here you go-" he said dropping down the remote to her. “- you can pick the movie”

“Thanks” she mumbled skimming through the choices displayed on the tv until she stopped at one of her favorite horror movies, Insidious.

“You sure about that?” Kenny asked her, grabbing a pillow from beside him. “I’ve never watched that before" he said as Darling sat up and pressed herself close to her friend, also grabbing a pillow and clutching it close to her chest.

“Oh my gosh Kenny, seriously?” she asked and looked like him as if he was an alien.

“I think this movie is great and gave me one of the best jumpscares of my life!” she squealed. “I wasn’t able to sleep well for three weeks” she revealed slapping his thighs in excitement. “We have to watch it”.

“Okay, okay, we'll watch it" he said, his hands catching hers to stop her attack, although probably lingering a bit too long, Darling noticed but didn’t think too much of it.

“Probably just to stop my hands” she thought with a shake of her head. “He doesn’t like you back”

“Brace yourself Ken" she grinned, pretending to be unaffected by the oh so casual thing that Kenny has done as he pressed play on the film

-

“Well that was a movie, right?” Darling asked looking at Kenny a smile too big, considering what they just watched.

“Oh yeah, I can see why you liked that movie, and you weren’t able to sleep for days” he shrugged. “I’ve seen way scarier movies in my time though, didn’t really scare me" he added.

“Didn’t really scare you? Then why are you holding that pillow like letting go of it will kill you?” Darling asked him, a smirk on her face as she sees him quickly putting down the pillow.

“Whatever do you mean? I’m not even holding it anymore, I haven’t even felt the need to hold it, not once"

“Uhuh, sure you didn’t” she nodded, stifling a laughter.

“Since I’m staying here, can I unpack my bags now and get ready for bed or something?” Darling asks him standing up.

“Yeah, yeah you can. C'mon, I’ll come with you. You know, since you’ve never been here before, just so you know where stuff are" he said with a nervous grin and Darling knew that the movie really affected Kenny but she can’t help but be amused at him trying his best to cover it and act unfazed, yet she could always read him like an open book.

-

Kenny tossed and turned on his bed but still couldn’t erase the image on his head. The monster from Insidious popping out behind Josh.

“Yeah, I totally get why that left my Darling sleepless” he mumbled rubbing his temples, just wanting to sleep peacefully.

A few hours had already passed but Kenny hasn't found the a second of the rest that so desperately craved.

“Argh! Seriously!” he shouted, burying his head on his soft, plush pillows and letting out a sigh.

“This has never happened to me before, whyyyyy?” he whined when all of a sudden, there was a gentle tap on his door.

“Are you okay? Can I come in?” Darling checked in on him peering through the small crack of the doorway.

“I can’t sleep,” he groaned beckoning her to come over and she quietly closed the door and walked over to his bed, soon joining him and sitting down.

“Is it the camera scene?” she asked running her fingers through his hair, messy from turning and tossing.

“Yeah” he sighed. “I just, it’s so unexpected, you know? And I’ve watched a ton of horror movies before, I don’t know why I can’t sleep because of this one” he explained.

“That’s alright Ken” she soothed him. “That’s the scene that got me too” she chuckled, lying down next to him.

After a few moments of Darling playing with his hair, Kenny finally spoke, his voice shy from his request.

“Can we cuddle?” he asked, a faint blush tinting both Darling and his cheeks.

Without a word, she leaned over him and wrapping herself around his warm body.

“You know, I’ve kinda yearned for this moment for the longest time” he said his hands resting on her lower back, voice soft, like if he spoke too loudly then he'll wake up and discover that this was all just a dream.

A dream that he wanted so badly to come true since so many years ago.

“Me too” she confessed, her face to his chest now, his bare chest. She couldn’t look into his eyes, she was sure she would break.
Kenny had no problem though, hoping her head would come up and stare at him with those pretty brown eyes that he loved so much.

“Ever since the Bucks introduced us to each other. That night was something” he chuckled, combing his hands through her hair.

That night, it was Kenny’s birthday years ago and it was also Darling's first day in PWG.
Kenny was impressed with Darling's skills in the ring, her body running the ropes and flying around like it was nothing but the moment he really fell was when they went out to celebrate.

They went to a retro arcade and diner that night and Darling, growing up in a small town in the Philippines, then being too busy in the indies has never really been in an actual arcade much less a retro one before.

“Like an actual arcade, the type you saw in the movies” she described.

And in that instant, with the excitement and pure joy in her eyes was when Kenny fell for her and fell hard.

“Oh yeah” she agreed.

For her, it was the same night, just watching him in the ring. Finding someone who had the same amount of passion for wrestling was it.

“Go out on a date with me?” he asked, finally getting the confidence that be needed, pulling her face out of the crook of his neck and staring into her eyes.

“I think me implying that I’ve been in love with you since when we’ve first met is enough explanation” she smiled down at him before pressing her lips against his forehead and returning back to cuddle position.

“But before that, I think we need to get you some sleep first"