Button Nose

An unknown expression brushed his face before he hardened it once more. The bow in his tense hands quivered so slightly that I would've missed it if I wasn't trying so hard to look anywhere but his face.

From what? Fatigue? Anger?

"How?!" He suddenly shouted, forcing my eyes back to his face. "How are you so calm about this?! I'm about to kill you!"

Staying quiet, I studied his face, his body language, the tone in his voice, his tense lips, his pleading eyes, everything. "Because you won't. You don't have it in you to kill me."

His shoulders dropped, and his furrowed eyebrows quietly confirmed my hunch.

Angrily gripping his bow tighter, he quickly raised it and an arrow suddenly pierced through the air so fast that I didn't have time to process what happened. I turned to see the arrow stuck to the cave wall beside me. It sliced my shirt and barely grazed my left arm. I was so shocked that I didn't even notice the slight sliver of blood creep down my arm. I'd never seen an arrow move so fast and so precise before. In that moment, I knew Yoongi had been holding back since I met him. He'd never planned to hurt me at all. Up till now, that is.

As I was distracted by the arrow, he swiftly dashed towards me and grabbed my hand, forcing a cold object into it, while reaching around and pressing another cold object against the back of my neck. My body immediately tensed. I knew the feeling of a blade anywhere.

I looked up at him, our noses barely touching. He looked down at me with an unfamiliar cold look. Well, maybe not that unfamiliar. I mean I've seen it before that's for sure, but I just haven't seen it in a while. There was an emptiness behind it, as if he's shut off completely.

I glanced down at the knife he forced into my hand. It had the same Su family crest. I froze, unsure of what to do with it. His free hand wrapped around mine and brought the knife up against his throat.

"W-what are you doing?" I accidentally stuttered.

"Kill me," he answered.

"No."

"Are you sure?" The blade against my neck slowly pressed deeper.

"I won't kill you, Yoongi."

"Kill me!" he suddenly shouted, making me flinch.

What the heck? "No!"

"If you don't, then I'll kill you!" With each word, his blade pressed deeper against my neck. His other hand was still wrapped around mine, but he gave me full control of the blade. I could've easily just sliced his neck, but I couldn't do it.

"3!" He started counting.

I squeezed my eyes shut.

"2! Do it!" He practically roared.

I shook my head, feeling his blade graze my skin.

"1!"

My heart practically beat out of my chest as an eerie silence fell between us. After a couple of seconds, a loud clang echoed throughout the cave.

I opened my eyes to see a frustrated Yoongi glaring at me. Fire violently raged through his once cold eyes. Stunned, I dropped the blade in my hand next to the one on the floor.

He irritatedly ran a hand through his disheveled hair and paced back and forth. My eyes followed him.

"U-" I stammered.

"Was this your plan from the beginning?!" He interrupted, directing his fiery glare at me once again. "Have me... us grow attached to you? Tell you things that we've never told anyone else? Trust you... just so we wouldn't be able to kill you when the time comes?!"