A lot of this and that

"Jungkook?"

I curiously tilted my head to the side and squinted my eyes at the tall figure in front of us.

"Dal and--?" He took a step forward and squinted his eyes.

We were at the edge of the tall, calming forest that lined the bustling city.

The pine trees lightly danced with the gentle Autumn breeze, causing a continuously subtle rustle to fill the brilliant starry sky.

"This is Jimin." I pointed towards the man next to me.

Jungkook's eyes slightly widened and nodded at Jimin, who nodded in return.

"Nice to meet you," Jimin greeted.

"You, too."

There was a tension in the air that I couldn't quite place, but I chose to ignore it.

"Are you here for the festival, too?" I asked Jungkook.

"Yeah, I thought I'd take a break, though. It gets a bit suffocating in there." He chuckled and rubbed the back of his neck. He briefly glanced at Jimin. "But I'll be going back now."

His head hung low as he moved around us.

"Oh, alright. Have fun," I replied.

He briefly made eye contact with Jimin again and smirked.

"Of course. I'm just going to grab some shrimp."

Jimin scoffed. "I think you'll really enjoy the coconut booth as well."

The hell just happened?

"The place I wanted to show you is just a bit further, Dal."

We traveled thru the forest until we hit a river that seemed to run endlessly thru the forest.

"A river?" I take a step towards the raging water.

He nodded his head gleefully. "This is my favorite spot."

I turned back to meet his eyes and tilted my head, indicating my confusion.

"I thought it'd be nice to show you." He walked closer to the river and stared at it, dazed.

Silence quickly eased between us as we both gazed at the roaring water in front of us.

"Why?"

He shrugged. "I just felt like it, I guess." He lifelessly trudged his feet towards the very edge of the river. "I know sometimes working in the castle can be really..." He paused to search for the right word.

"Exhausting?"

A smile graced his lips. "Yeah. If it ever gets too hard, I think it helps if you come here." He grinned wider. "It feels really nice when you put your feet in it."

"Really?" I kicked off my shoes and dipped my feet into the river. Almost immediately regretting my decision, I yanked them back out, cursed, and shivered.

Jimin let out a cheerful laugh.

I glared at him. "You could've warn me!"

"But that's no fun!" His gaze shifted back to the raging water, and his smile faltered. "This river's always cold. And in the winter, it's pretty much cold enough to kill someone."

I pulled my shoes back on and sat at the edge of the river beside him.

The moonlight found its home on the surface of the river and made the water mesmerizingly flicker. It was like it was trying to hypnotize us and lure us closer to its grasps.